As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remoska Electric cooking device

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remoska Electric cooking device

Anyone use these:
    http://www.lakeland.co.uk/remoska/F/...top&sq=remoska

I've seen them highly recommended on another caravan/camping board but have never even seen one myself.

Doug

No, I've never seen one used, but from reading the reviews, it seems like they trip your electric quite a lot when camping. And expensive too.

I think the double skillet is a better buy. Although you have to use gas for that!

Comment

Roger (aggsnrog) had one at the Wolverley meet recently and was cooking up a very nice looking meal in it when I poked my head in his van.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by snobbyafghan View Post
        Anyone use these:
        http://www.lakeland.co.uk/remoska/F/...top&sq=remoska

I've seen them highly recommended on another caravan/camping board but have never even seen one myself.

Doug
        the old forum had pages on these, there are pros and cons, Graham can probably point you at the information.
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
          the old forum had pages on these, there are pros and cons, Graham can probably point you at the information.

There you go.........

REMOSKA THREAD - OLD FORUM
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            No, I've never seen one used, but from reading the reviews, it seems like they trip your electric quite a lot when camping. And expensive too.

I think the double skillet is a better buy. Although you have to use gas for that!

Double skillet .... you cannot use electric?
            Jessie

Comment

Jessie, I'm pretty sure the double skillet isn't an elelctric appliance - the remoska is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKHiabsDQKU

Comment

I think what is meant here is, the remoska is an electrical appliance, it can't be used if you haven't got 240v hook up. The double skillet, basically 2 large frying pans that link together, can be used on electric or gas so can be used away from hook up.
                Last edited by glenw; 20-05-2010, 09:21.
                Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Jayjay, for a moment I thought there was something different about the skillet that you couldn't use it ON an electric hob!!! Just got in a bit of a muddle theory wise!!

I like your description of the double skillet glenw
                  Jessie

Comment

The Remoska is a quite large and deep non-stick pan in a frame, with a lid containing a mains voltage electric heating element. Cost for the standard size is now £90 from Lakeland (2 sizes available).

The double skillet comprises two deep-sided non-stick fry pans with detachable handles which can be used separately, or can clip together (the top one upside down) to be used for roasting. They come with a glass lid for layer cooking with the pans one on top of the other (as opposed to clipped together to form a mini-oven) and can be used on gas and electric hobs.

The double skillet is available from D & F Promotions, Greenways Farmhouse, Flaxlands, Carleton Rode, Norfolk NR16 1AD. They normally sell through exhibitions, but are happy to see you at the house, or to deal mail order. I called in a few days ago. The smaller size (ideal for one) is £35; the larger size is £40. See full details on their website at http://www.doubleskillet.com/index.php/demonstration.

I am delighted with both, as variety (of cooking style, in this case) is the spice of life. The basic difference is that the Remoska can only be used with ehu, and in most motorhomes the double skillet will be used on gas.
                    Last edited by aggsnrog; 29-05-2010, 06:21.

Comment

I understand from another forum that there was a big problem with condensation getting under the lid which resulted in tripping of the electricity and corrosion of the device. As a result people posted that the device was modified to prevent this problem.... The post also stated that when working properly the device would not trip the electrics.

I would suggest if considering that you find out from Lakeland the max ampage drawn by the device and find out what they have done about the condensation problem. They are the sort of organisation that has excellent customer service so they are likely to be helpful and I suspect they would sort something like that out.

The double skillet is excellent but it does have some drawbacks.

Comment

My first Remoska developed the habit of tripping site electrics during cooking. I had bought it as a special offer, mail order, but took it back to my local Lakeland in March, 16 months after buying it. They exchanged it for a new one without quibble. I even offered to pay £10 as the price had gone up since I bought it, but they refused. I was assured it would go back to the factory for testing. All I can think of is that there is a seal in the lid which may fail slightly, and once a bit of condensation gets into the lid, the seal keeps it there. The RCD or MCB will then do what it is designed to do, i.e. trip to protect the user. I am happy to rely on Lakeland's reputation and do not think there is any question of the appliance being inherently unsafe.

The Remoska is rated at 470 watts, which is just under 2 amps at 240 volts. Ehu on C&CC club sites are 10 amps, or more often 16 amps, so that should never be an issue.

Comment

I have the remoska and use it for cooking every time I hook up on C&CC sites, I have never had any problem with it or triping the electrics, though expensive worth every penny in my opinion
                          Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                          'Live without regrets'

Comment

Remoska

I bought one at the end of last year. I've used it in the kitchen at home and also in the van. Never had any problem with it.

Comment

I use a Remoska at home and in the van and have never had any problems with site electrics. I had on oven in previous vans but never used it. Why use gas when you are paying for electric anyway.
                              Jennie

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X