As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12v electric blankets

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12v electric blankets

I remember a while back someone mentioning that they used a 12v electric blanket for a bit of heat when wilding, can't remember for the life of me who it was though!

Just after a recommendation really, i've seen several for sale online but knowing what a fire risk a dodgy leccy blanket can be I'd sooner buy one with a personal recommendation

Cheers

Rob
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

karenw uses a 240 volt plugged into a adapter in her ciggie lighter socket she has picture of it somewhere
    Last edited by AGING HIPPY; 09-04-2013, 10:12.

Comment

It was me!

I have a 12v leccy blanket, about £15 from eBay.

I also have a £15 230v Slumberdown leccy blanket, 40w, single from Argos which I use with an inverter. Without a doubt, the mains version is better, heats up fast and is warmer. Even allowing for 20% wastage via the inverter, both use approx 4amps. 30 minutes makes my bed very warm and cosy while taking very little from the leisure battery.

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
        It was me!

I have a 12v leccy blanket, about £15 from eBay.

I also have a £15 230v Slumberdown leccy blanket, 40w, single from Argos which I use with an inverter. Without a doubt, the mains version is better, heats up fast and is warmer. Even allowing for 20% wastage via the inverter, both use approx 4amps. 30 minutes makes my bed very warm and cosy while taking very little from the leisure battery.
        Hmmm ok good info thanks.

I have a portable power station with a built in inverter so thats no problem, I guess if I got a mains one it could then be used at home as well.

Cheers

Comment

Before splashing out on my Romahome, I used a Ring 40aH power pack with inverter for powering my leccy blanket, netbook etc. I still carry it as additional backup, charging it as I drive, and it's very useful. A good investment!

Comment

Before splashing out on my Romahome, I used a Ring 40aH power pack with inverter for powering my leccy blanket, netbook etc. I still carry it as additional backup, charging it as I drive, and it's very useful. A good investment!
            I have one like this, except mine is the uprated one with a bigger battery and USB port as well. I had the smaller version previously which has lasted 6-7 years before going pop, not to bad a lifespan really as has had a lot of use.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/5-in-1-jump-...e-power-224871

Brilliant bit of kit.

Comment

I looked at that one but was put off by the 17Ah battery (only about half is usable). I haven't seen one with an uprated battery and at the time, the Ring model with 40Ah, had the largest battery, although this is actually 2 x 20Ah (and supposedly replaceable).

Comment

I looked at that one but was put off by the 17Ah battery (only about half is usable). I haven't seen one with an uprated battery and at the time, the Ring model with 40Ah, had the largest battery, although this is actually 2 x 20Ah (and supposedly replaceable).
                Can't remember off hand what size battery is in mine, mind you the previous smaller unit I had was only 17Ah and that still did everything I wanted it too, although I have never used it for an electric blanket or anything like that. Will see how we get on.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

There are some rather neat low wattage German made heated mats available, though only mains powered.

Comment

yes please!

Comment

blanket

the best blank warmer i have is the wife

Comment

wives have their uses

Comment

Unless you share a 'bag' then husbands aint' much good at warming the wife ............

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X