This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a couple of folding bikes

With just a couple of days to go before we're off to France, we've got the folding bikes we've been thinking about for weeks. After searching all over the place for the right one (we were looking at something pretty cheap but got put off by the reviews), I discovered my rich brother had a couple which he used to use when in France on his boat. And these are a very good make and good ol' bro sold them to me at a bargain price so now we've got a pair of matching Brompton folders and they are NICE. Just been to Lidl on mine to try it out (and pick up one of their cheeky little Chardonnays). Excellent...although I haven't quite got the re-folding perfected yet...

Doug

OH YOU LUCKY DEVIL!!!!! You have the best bikes going!! I'm envious I often look on ebay and the bromptons are the first to get snapped up...At a Price!! Happy cycling..
    Jessie

Comment

Originally posted by snobbyafghan View Post
      Just been to Lidl on mine to try it out (and pick up one of their cheeky little Chardonnays). Excellent...although I haven't quite got the re-folding perfected yet...

Doug
      Try folding it BEFORE you sample that cheeky little Chardonnay...
      http://romahomeandaway.blogspot.com/

Comment

jessiem - they are really nice. They are not the top-of-the-range £1500.00 jobs but they probably would cost a lot more than I would have been prepared to spend so I'm raising a glass to big brother, bless him.....

daveboy - you should have seen me wrestling with the little blighter last night BEFORE the cheeky little Chardonnay. Whereas today - after a couple of Lidl's finest German beers, it folded up as easy as you like......

Doug

Comment

With just a couple of days to go before we're off to France, we've got the folding bikes we've been thinking about for weeks. After searching all over the place for the right one (we were looking at something pretty cheap but got put off by the reviews), I discovered my rich brother had a couple which he used to use when in France on his boat. And these are a very good make and good ol' bro sold them to me at a bargain price so now we've got a pair of matching Brompton folders and they are NICE. Just been to Lidl on mine to try it out (and pick up one of their cheeky little Chardonnays). Excellent...although I haven't quite got the re-folding perfected yet...

Doug
          Try it again following the instructions

http://www.nuttycyclist.co.uk/cycling/brompton-fold.htm

I believe he claims it takes about 7 seconds (with practice)

Lots of other useful (and usless) guff on that site as well.

Barry

Comment

daveboy - you should have seen me wrestling with the little blighter last night BEFORE the cheeky little Chardonnay. Whereas today - after a couple of Lidl's finest German beers, it folded up as easy as you like......

Doug

Thats the answer then, have a few beers before folding
            http://romahomeandaway.blogspot.com/

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X