As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magic wand aerial v satellite dish

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic wand aerial v satellite dish

The camp site we are staying on at St. Agnes in Cornwall only has a digital signal as analogue has been switched off in this area.

I watched a chap in a caravan spend three quarters of an hour setting up his satellite dish to try and watch the football the other night. Whereas I plugged in my little magic wand aerial and hey presto dozens of digital channels in seconds and a very good picture too.

In fact I didn't really even need the magic wand aerial the little aerial on the back of the tv got good pictures too.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

I've also seen all the hoo-ha associated with satellite dishes and thought that it wasn't for me! If the digital signal is good, then you'll get a digital signal! I think the only time satellite+dishes come in useful is when you have no signal at all. (I just play the radio/watch a DVD....)

At Wolverley I got all 5 analogue channels (a couple were shadowy, but all watchable) with my sucker-type aerial, just chucked it up on the roof and fed the line thru to the TV. The chap in a caravan nearby spent all afternoon sorting his satellite system out (with a very irritating sounding satellite finder gismo) , then couldn't find any english programmes at all, just foreign channels. He must have tuned to the wrong satellite I think.

At a campsite near Silloth last month, I got every freeview station going with the same set up. It does seem that when the analogue is switched off, the freeview signal is stronger. A chap opposite had his aerial on a long long pole attached to his jockey wheel and it was wobbling about in the wind - he was out every hour to adjust it. I felt like telling him to get rid of the gizmo prop and just chuck it on the roof! LOL!!

Comment

magic gadgets

I bought one of those magic wand gizmos.It was b****y useless.
      As the song says "I waved the thing all over the place.I flapped it til I was black in the face"
      niet, nothing,zippo, nowt. I havent got space to store ariels. The TV was enough of a problem, damn thing came with a computer translated chinese instruction manual from a well known company.It took me ages to discover that it was preset for ITALY!!!
      It sits unused with the digital radio. I carry enough books to read and change them often,and leave the read ones for the visitors to the site to take, or for the warden to sell, for the site.
      there is a lot to be said for peace and quiet, but whisper it please.
      I like birdsong,church bells, the murmer of inummerable bees,wind in leaves and the conversation of friends. TV low on the list.

Ian
      Last edited by Ian.C.S; 07-07-2010, 17:57.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
        I bought one of those magic wand gizmos.It was b****y useless.
        Another dissatisfied customer, agsandrog said his was useless too but we have found ours invaluable but sometimes we have to turn the telly up because we can't hear it for the birdsong,church bells, the murmer of inummerable bees,wind in leaves and the conversation of friends
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X