As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool Box

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Box

Hi all

The fridge in our Tardis is electric only and needs replacing. I like the idea of the new coolboxes which can work on gas/12v/mains.

I wondered if anybody had any experience with these and has anybody fitted one or replaced there fridge with one.

Thanks for a very supportive group, I really appreciate your posts.

Stu

Hi - someone correect me if I'm wrong, but I think the electric/gas coolboxes need to be housed outside in an awning, preferably off the floor. I read somewhere it's dangerous to install them into the interior becasue of heat/gas give off/leaks. That's ok if you always intend to erect an awning.

I read about a new kind which could be housed inside a MH/caravan, (a condensor type?) but very expensive.

Comment

Cool Box

Hi JayJay

I never thought of that but your comment makes a great deal of sense. I shall perue on the internet and see what I can find out.

Thanks

Stu

Comment

Stu - be aware before parting with your hard earned cash, that most if not all of the multiple power type ones are absorption devices - and can only chill to about 18 deg below the ambient temperature!!

Also, as said before, not to be used in a van without adequate ventilation - PLUS, if you run them from 12 volts, they are very power hungry, and your leisure battery won't last long!! Fine to use on 12v mobile, though.

I have a 35 litre Waeco compressor fridge, and they are mains or 12v - excellent, will freeze or just cool, depending on the setting. Downside is the price - last time I looked they were over £300 !! Decisions, decisions!!

Mike

Comment

My fridge is electric only ( although it should run on gas as well). If I can't get it fixed before next month's festival (no EHU) then I will go back to the old fashioned way of bucket of water underneath the van to put things like milk and stuff in, particularly the wine!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            ........then I will go back to the old fashioned way of bucket of water underneath the van to put things like milk and stuff in, particularly the wine!
            I'm more refined than that! I keep my milk in a vacuum flask straight from the shop fridge. It keeps for days. Dunno about the vino though! I don't seem to have the room nor need for a fridge or vino on my own.

Jim.
            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
              I'm more refined than that! I keep my milk in a vacuum flask straight from the shop fridge. It keeps for days. Dunno about the vino though! I don't seem to have the room nor need for a fridge or vino on my own.

Jim.
              Jim, you'll have to come to a few meets then! Going to the fest at Moira Furnace soon, near to you at Chesterfield! Hoping to get said fridge sorted out for gas before then...

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                Jim, you'll have to come to a few meets then! Going to the fest at Moira Furnace soon, near to you at Chesterfield! Hoping to get said fridge sorted out for gas before then...
                I think you may have the wrong Chesterfield jayjay. There is one in Staffs. not far from Moira and which does not appear on many maps, then there is the real one with the Crooked (Church) Spire, where I live, just South of Sheffield.

I don't know what kind of "Fest" you mean, but if it's music you have to count me out anyway I'm afraid.

Jim.

Comment

I think you may have the wrong Chesterfield jayjay. There is one in Staffs. not far from Moira and which does not appear on many maps, then there is the real one with the Crooked (Church) Spire, where I live, just South of Sheffield.
                  Hi Jim

Up until a couple of years ago I used to work in Chesterfield (a lovely town) at your local newspaper, how is the Derbyshire Times doing since I left, I sure it must have gone downhill.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                    Hi Jim

Up until a couple of years ago I used to work in Chesterfield (a lovely town) at your local newspaper, how is the Derbyshire Times doing since I left, I sure it must have gone downhill.
                    So you're the reason it's not worth buying! Perhaps if you had stayed.....? There seem to be no regional variations any more, no reporters in evidence and if there is anything of significance happens nothing will be printed unless an organiser sends it in! Chesterfield is much the same, but we have just lost the best M.P. we've had for years.

Jim.

Comment

So you're the reason it's not worth buying! Perhaps if you had stayed.....? There seem to be no regional variations any more, no reporters in evidence and if there is anything of significance happens nothing will be printed unless an organiser sends it in! Chesterfield is much the same, but we have just lost the best M.P. we've had for years.

Jim.

I knew it would go downhill without me.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X