Driveaway awnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driveaway awnings

KDL, a Romahome Duo, needs a driveaway awning. Something not too big? Enough to sit in and hang a wet jacket at the same time? Any ideas? Would consider second hand. Advice and/or photos appreciated.

Similar situation here and also with Roma Outlook Duo
    I took a good look at one of these on a camp site near Dartmouth last week
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/base-seco...d_8208602.html

Owners commet was "putting up is a doddle but to take down/ put away - make sure you see the YouTube vids and PRACTICE"

Seems to fit what I want. There are comments/ reviews elsewhere on this forum and all seem positive.
    Not a "proper" awning in that it does not attach to the vehicle but I do not see that as a problem.

Snod

Comment

Originally posted by Snodvan View Post
      Similar situation here and also with Roma Outlook Duo
      I took a good look at one of these on a camp site near Dartmouth last week
      http://www.decathlon.co.uk/base-seco...d_8208602.html

Owners commet was "putting up is a doddle but to take down/ put away - make sure you see the YouTube vids and PRACTICE"

Seems to fit what I want. There are comments/ reviews elsewhere on this forum and all seem positive.
      Not a "proper" awning in that it does not attach to the vehicle but I do not see that as a problem.

Snod
      Thanks Snod. I particularly want something that does not attach.

KDL

Comment

Originally posted by KDL View Post
        Thanks Snod. I particularly want something that does not attach.

KDL
        Popups are strictly not awnings, they are tents and you might be charged extra for one at some campsites but most dont care!
        The whole idea of an awning is that it is a rain proof extension to your van, so you generally have a fabric tunnel that goes over the back of the van to keep you dry.

The Movelite range of drive away awnings are like this, and there are cheaper versions around.

The choice as always is yours

Happy camping !

Ian
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Driveaway awnings

Thanks Ian. Will look at movelite
          KDL

Comment

Lots of posts and pics on the other threads here in this section - take a look!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian.C.S View Post
              Popups are strictly not awnings, they are tents and you might be charged extra for one at some campsites but most dont care!
              The whole idea of an awning is that it is a rain proof extension to your van, so you generally have a fabric tunnel that goes over the back of the van to keep you dry.

The Movelite range of drive away awnings are like this, and there are cheaper versions around.

The choice as always is yours

Happy camping !

Ian
              Any Jobsworth tries to charge me an extra because the tent/ free awning does not attach will get the benefit of my tongue and NONE of my money - I will just move. For years I have used a modest dome tent next to the camper just for storage and have never been charged for that as an extra on any site. In the last month I have stayed at 4 CCC sites and none of those made any charges for the storage tent

Snod

Comment

Hi KDL
                I have a movielight awning for sale with photo of it attached to mu Duo.
                Its a driveaway awning and is advertised in the for sale section on this site at £80
                regards--John

Comment