Movelite awning replacement poles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movelite awning replacement poles

Derek seems to think we need a special gadget to replace our new poles, when they arrive. Anyone know about a "special gadget" ?
    We have 6 to replace due to slightly windy weather in Scotland last year.

I've got one on the way out as well.

Last time I needed to replace (after that very windy day at the meet in Oxfordshire last year) I got my Brother in Law to hang onto one end of the elastic (just before where the new ones needed to go), cut thru the elastic at that point. BIL hung onto that end and the other I pulled until I had a fair length, tied it to a long knitting needle, threaded the elastic back through the replacement poles and re-knotted it back to the bit the BIL was hanging on to. Wasn't easy, that's why I havent yet replaced the one that is a bit shredded!

So a gadget would be in order - not that they break very often!

Comment

Thanks Jayjay. That sounds complicated & were bound to let go of the elastic end.lol. Maybe some instructions will come withe the new poles.

Comment

There is a gadget you can buy to do this, there was a post on here explaining how to use it, but I can't find it now. Perhaps Graham can help! I'm sure Glen and maybe Sue? had used one.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
          There is a gadget you can buy to do this, there was a post on here explaining how to use it, but I can't find it now. Perhaps Graham can help! I'm sure Glen and maybe Sue? had used one.
          Done a search and I can only find one. Is this the thread?

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/sh...t=awning+poles
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Weren't me guv, we bought an entire new pole when ours broke.
            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

We have ordered 2 new poles, £30, so that solves the problem. We can keep the old ones as spares. Thanks for your help anyway.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X