Romahome R10 Awning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome R10 Awning

I have just bought a Romahome R10 and love it but could do with a drive away awning for either the back or side.
    Being new to camping I would appreciate any advice or better still a recommendation for a small awning.
    I really only need on big enough for a small table and a couple of fold up chairs so that I can sit up in the evening with the bed ready made up.
    Thanks
    Chris

Hello Chris and welcome.

Like you we only wanted a small tent, just big enough for seated shelter of an evening and maybe somewhere to cook.

We went for a simple Kampa utility tent which we got at a local camp shop but they are cheaper on Ebay. IT isn't drive away but it's doorway can be connected to poles for a sun canopy. It only had two lots of fibreglass poles to thread through and we have got the erection time down to under 10 minutes, and that was when it was windy. Simplicity itself to erect and can probably be done by one person.

Another simple drive away is the Outdoor Revolution Outhouse Handi XL free standing drive away motor awning which again can be bought on Ebay (new) for around £140. This one really is a drive away as it fits over the back of the van

Comment

Hi Chris

The Outhouse Handi is one of the smallest and cheapest awning you can get, very lightweight and small to carry.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-Outdo...sAAOSwax5Yvbh4

Alternatively we have just bought one of these from a forum member, they pop up in seconds and are very lightweight, they can be fiddly to put back in the bag but easy when you've got the knack.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quechua-Ba...cAAOSwZVlXscWR
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

these look pretty good too, if you only want something small.
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REIMO-UPGR...3D272634264018

Comment

Thank you 😀

Comment

• With MY R10 I Ran a nylon cord {Thin one} around the outside neck of the pop top .I ,made a small loop in each corner..then made the cord tight .. I used a tarp with a short card in the tarps corners. I tighed it to the loops on the cord and pegged the other corners in the ground it could go on the rear doors or the side door .. also with a tent with a porch awning to fasten the porch to it..Pat /dave
            BuzznDave

Comment

I'm looking for an awning for my Peugeot Mezan- something small and light and can be easily and quickly put up by one person.

Comment

Hello Hobbis and welcome to the site

Comment

Hi Hobbis and welcome, if you browse through the posts in this Awnings section you will see lots of recommendations for awnings for various vans.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I have an r10 just brought a olpro cubo breeze blow up drive away awning, smallest one they do in that range from halfords, cheapest price for one

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X