Drive Away Awning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive Away Awning

Hello. I've just bought a Peugeot Partner Tepee and a boot jump box. I'm now looking for a drive away awning (new or used) that I can attach to the side or rear. There is so much choice out there my head is done and I would value any advice. I need something that is easy to put up and attach.

Donna, Welcome to the forum, there has been so many posts about driveaway awnings one still being contributed to yesterday. I would suggest you look through some of those threads - and maybe at some of the write-ups by members about their own awnings.
    These are the questions you need to ask. (1) How much do you want to pay? (2) How big - do you want an entry / utility area, or do you want an extra living area? (3) Ease to erect - do you want complex easy or very easy? (4) Durability - an awning that lasts or one you will chuck away after the first summer gale? (5) How big when packed away - usually the smaller for a given erected size, the less durable.

Jon

You get the

Comment

Thanks Jon

Comment

If you can manage without attaching it to your vehicle, a Quechua pop up tent might be the very thing. Very easy to put up, but takes a bit of practice to put away.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
          If you can manage without attaching it to your vehicle, a Quechua pop up tent might be the very thing. Very easy to put up, but takes a bit of practice to put away.
          I agree about the Quechua - I use one with my Doblo. It doesn't attach, but the shape of it means I can step out of the van and into the tent with a reasonable amount of shelter.
          Claire

Comment