Rear awning for Romahome C15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear awning for Romahome C15

I am looking for a rear door small awning for a Romahome C15. Most awnings seem to be for side fitting and rear ones look like tailgate ones. There is no awning rail or means of attaching the tunnels and for a rear awning to throw straps over the vehicle from back to front seems impossible. Lone female camper so needs to be easy to erect and ideas on how to attach would be gratefully appreciated. Have spent about 4 hours searching this site and following various links but still confused as to what would be best. Thank you.

I was a solo camper with a c15 and had a Harrison awning. Aluminium poles easy to put up. But heavy in the van, so purchased movelite.. you do not throw front to back... small step to lift the tunnel over the back part, the you peg out by the side of the wheels.. then it is driveway.. many of the members have had the same... good luck

Comment

Romahomes normally require a tailgate style driveaway awning (my van is an Outlook rather than a C15, but I believe the principle is the same)...

You drape the tunnel over the back of the van, and tighten the guyropes to keep it from slipping off. Straps or velcro are used to gather up any slack fabric in the tunnel itself. A picture speaks a thousand words, so I have attached a couple of photos...

Some people use Quechua tents as "freestanding" awnings, which are also easy to put up - but strictly speaking these are not classified as awnings, which could cause problems if you come across a "jobsworth" site warden...

This is a Movelite:
      P5080468.JPG

This is a Khyam:
      IMG_20160609_164915740_HDR.jpg

Note how on both awnings the guyropes pull the top of the tunnel towards the front of the van, so it can't fall off.
      The Khyam is incredibly easy to put up solo - in fact it is the main reason I purchased it (although it is quite heavy)...

Hope that helps...
      Schrödinger's cat:
      Wanted Dead and Alive.

Comment

Thank you very much 'lunnie' and 'blackadderkate' your comments have been very helpful. From all the different tail gate awnings I had looked at it does seem the Movelite or Khyman were the most likely. The pictures are really helpful.

Comment

How much was your awning Shirley? And where did you purchase it?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Looking for a larger awning, or awning with attachable bedroom for C15 Romahome. Currently have Khyam tailgate one which is no longer big enough. Have messaged KHyam to ask if any of their annexes would fit but no reply!

Comment

First trial for our home made porch awning on the back of our Outlook

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
                First trial for our home made porch awning on the back of our Outlook
                Oh my that's brilliant! All you need, really - although a roll down/flip down cover at the back would be a good addition in wet weather!

Comment