Outdoor Revolution Outhouse XL Handi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Revolution Outhouse XL Handi

Hi we are looking for something cheap n cheerful just for a little storage but mainly to stop anyone taking our plot while we are out and about. Will the above go onto our C15 ok? You can see it at

http://www.camperlands.co.uk/outdoor...-xl-handi.html

cheers Nic

Originally posted by Nicseg View Post
    Hi we are looking for something cheap n cheerful just for a little storage but mainly to stop anyone taking our plot while we are out and about. Will the above go onto our C15 ok? You can see it at

http://www.camperlands.co.uk/outdoor...-xl-handi.html

cheers Nic
    Hi Nic

I think the tunnel will stretch to go over the top of your van.

If you do get one would you mind considering buying it from our Amazon Shop please? It wouldn't cost you any more but we would get a small commission which helps us to cover the running costs of the forum.

You can see it in our amazon shop here: http://astore.amazon.co.uk/smallmoca...ail/B001TM5WZG
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

We've got one of these and the tunnel bit does stretch to fit over our R20 so should do the same on a C15 BUT ... the tent part is a bit lower than the R20 and so the angle down on the tunnel is enough for it to always rub against the back door of the van every time you open or close the door.

It shouldn't be a bad fit for a hylo (C15 or Outlook/R20) because I presume the door is lower than on the hytops. We'll take ours to Moreton on the Marsh so if anyone is thinking of one of these they can try ours.

We prefer the Outhouse to the Movelite as it is smaller/lighter and easier to put up. Our current thought is to use the Quicktent we picked up at the Romahome AGM to fit on the back of the van and its door/porch flap to fit over the Outhouse to make an integrated tent similar to a small Movelite.

Brian

Comment

Hi we are looking for something cheap n cheerful just for a little storage but mainly to stop anyone taking our plot while we are out and about.
        Dont forget that you can also get a sign to peg into the ground to reserve your pitch while away. We have one and it works well! Plenty on Ebay
        Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          Hi Nic

I think the tunnel will stretch to go over the top of your van.

If you do get one would you mind considering buying it from our Amazon Shop please? It wouldn't cost you any more but we would get a small commission which helps us to cover the running costs of the forum.

You can see it in our amazon shop here: http://astore.amazon.co.uk/smallmoca...ail/B001TM5WZG
          Thanks Graham. i will definately get it from the store, have used Amazon many times and trust them. Nic

Comment

Originally posted by g0ukb View Post
            We've got one of these and the tunnel bit does stretch to fit over our R20 so should do the same on a C15 BUT ... the tent part is a bit lower than the R20 and so the angle down on the tunnel is enough for it to always rub against the back door of the van every time you open or close the door.

It shouldn't be a bad fit for a hylo (C15 or Outlook/R20) because I presume the door is lower than on the hytops. We'll take ours to Moreton on the Marsh so if anyone is thinking of one of these they can try ours.

We prefer the Outhouse to the Movelite as it is smaller/lighter and easier to put up. Our current thought is to use the Quicktent we picked up at the Romahome AGM to fit on the back of the van and its door/porch flap to fit over the Outhouse to make an integrated tent similar to a small Movelite.

Brian
            Hi Brian
            I think I have the answer to the door rubbing against the tunnel, what i will do is everynight i will let the back tyres down and I'm sure the wife won't mind pumping them up every morning!
            Nic

Comment

Thanks Graham. i will definately get it from the store, have used Amazon many times and trust them. Nic
              Thanks Nic, that is much appreciated.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I think I have the answer to the door rubbing against the tunnel, what i will do is everynight i will let the back tyres down and I'm sure the wife won't mind pumping them up every morning!
                Nic
                I suggested that at the rally on the weekend when we first tried the Outhouse. Liz was none too happy Plan B was to dig a small pit at the back of the van.

Liz is a seamstress so a more serious plan was to buy a couple more fibreglass pole bits to raise the front of the Outhouse and add some additional material along the bottom so it still reached the ground. However the combo with the Quick Tent looks a better solution.

Brian

Comment

My Movelite always rubbed against the door on my old demountable. It didn't do any harm and I was just careful when opening the door to just ease it past that point where it was pushing against the fabric. Then I discovered if you just set it slightly over to one side (the side that the door opens out on to) then it didn't catch at all.

Most of the time the door was just opened in the morning and shut at night, so it wasn't too much like hard work. I still have the movelite and it's still in one piece!

Comment

can anyone tell me what a Quicktent is please? I've Googled it, but can't seem to find it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                      can anyone tell me what a Quicktent is please? I've Googled it, but can't seem to find it!

They are a quick to put up awning that fits on the back of a C15, Ant used to sell them, they were called Avon Quick Tent.

There is a thread about them on our old forum here: http://smallmotorhome.proboards.com/...play&thread=69

I don't think Ant sells them now, I can't find them on his web site, unless he's got some at the back of his workshop.
                      Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post

Pic of Avon Quicktent

Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

We use a Movelite XL for our side-door opening VW Autosleeper-it's a flexible snug fit & has 2 peggable straps that can go over the top of the van-we've never bothered yet.

When travelling or for a weekend we use a pop-up tent. Untie it & there's your little tent-could sleep 2 in it, but we just chuck our luggage in it & the kettle's on!

Packing it away is interesting-I can't do it, but my wife uses a combination of yoga, strength & some curses to get it back into it's flat-disc shape.

Both serve the purpose of pitch-marking 'cos not everyone is polite enough to observe 'pitch-marking'.

Roger

PS The pop-up was from Outwell & cost £30 in their sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek View Post
                            Pic of Avon Quicktent

Hi Derek, just noticed your reply to my question about quicktent. Thanks for that, it looks really good on the back of your van! Don't think it's what we're looking for though

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                              Thanks Nic, that is much appreciated.

Brilliant service from accessories store. Ordered my drive away awning on Tuesday morning and it arrived Wednesday afternoon. Looking forward to the weekend to have a “dry run” weather permitting. Next thing on the list is one of those reflective sun screens that go up inside the cab; I’m looking for one that does the side windows as well as the front screen. Any help much appreciated.
                              Nic

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X