Quick and easy awning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick and easy awning

50EC6291-6A46-4937-9D3E-CAF9D4EA5A8E.jpegI have a 2003 Berlingo microcamper and we love her, we use a olpro side awning when we go on our holidays and it’s great. I want to start going away on the weekends and want to use a tailgate awning which is really easy to put up. I have seen the reimo tailgate awning and the expensive amdro boot tent. I was wondering if anyone is using or has used one these or any other recommendations. It must be quick and easy enough for one person to erect, I’m not bothered drive away awning.

Do you have a specific need for the awning?
    ie is it just for overnight storage to get stuff out of the van or will you be sleeping in it

Comment

Hi Sandra It needs to be attached to the van,the bed in the van is just big enough for me but I want some privacy when I get up, so I can get changed etc. I have seen the Packashack it’s great for temporary but not overnight. The Amdro boot tent looks fab but at £400 it’s a little to much.

Comment

Or go for a driveaway awning connected by tunnel to the van - then leave awning up when you want to go places during the day and return in the evening.
        Easy to erect but heavy to carry are air awnings - no poles no frame just peg-out base shape and pump up. Good exercise with a manual pump or be lazy with an electric pump!
        Jon

Comment

Hi kernowjon I have been thinking about those to, we have a air side awning which is brilliant but I am after something when I park up and stay in the van overnight . Can you recommend a drive away one which one person can put up quickly and not to pricey

Comment

Originally posted by Bingotours View Post
            Hi kernowjon I have been thinking about those to, we have a air side awning which is brilliant but I am after something when I park up and stay in the van overnight . Can you recommend a drive away one which one person can put up quickly and not to pricey
            I am no expert - we have an Olpro Cubo Breeze - see Grahams sticky at the top of the thread - it is easy to erect single handed - identify the connecting tunnel door out is adjacent - peg-out the 4 corners - commence pumping up the 2 tubes - when erect - inflate the airbeam push in place (it is held by velcro) - complete pegging! The main drawbacks are price and weight the tubes do increase weight.
            DSC_8921.JPG
            This is a picture of the awning behind our little Daihatsu demountable - it is questionable whether or not it will fit on our new SunTrekker.
            Jon

Comment

I’m going to go for the Packashack, it’s only for the odd time I’m going to go on my own for a night and if we have a day out at the beach. Thank for all your help

Comment