This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Warren View Post
    Looking for an awning that will fit on the side of a car rather than the rear end! Any ideas folks?
    Most of the smaller driveaway awnings fit on the side openings, Mike. Have a look at the link in my post #13, for an example.

Comment

Thanks for that. The problem I may have is that the car I am thinking of using is 160cm high and the lowest awning I can find is 180! Are they adaptable or should I look for a tent/tarp solution? I do want to be able to move from cat to 'tent' privately.

Comment

Car not cat !

Comment

We have a Khyam quick erect awning (almost identical to my khyam 4 berth tent) on the back of our Mezan. Expensive but it is REALLY easy to put up / take down. Its flexible joints help it to stand up well to storm conditions.

awning.jpg

Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Warren View Post
            Thanks for that. The problem I may have is that the car I am thinking of using is 160cm high and the lowest awning I can find is 180! Are they adaptable or should I look for a tent/tarp solution? I do want to be able to move from cat to 'tent' privately.
            They are indeed adaptable, Mike. The driveaway awnings have a tunnel which attaches to the car, and the tunnel provides the private walkway through to a separate awning, which is freestanding and tall enough to stand up in. I could use my awning on a car also, the tunnel bit would slope downwards instead of upwards like it does on my caravan and previous campervan.

If you type in 'driveaway awning for a car' into google, it will come up with loads of different ones that will fit. The driveaways fit onto the back of the smaller motorhomes as well, like Nomad Sue's awning in the photo above. They will also fit on cars, and stand next to them, with a tunnel connecting it to the car and that's the adaptable part.
            Last edited by jayjay; 19-05-2019, 09:11.

Comment

The Olpro Breeze awning sale ends today in 6 hours! From £419 down to £299.

https://www.olproshop.com/collection...350414553b72ea

Comment

3x3 m tarp....Med....few weeks ago.....lots of wind....a Nudist camp site....my wife modelling....hammock in the background....

20190512_201209.jpg

Comment

OUTDOOR REVOLUTION UTILITY TENT.JPG
                  We have an OUTDOOR REVOLUTION utility tent (OUTHOUSE XL) to give us extra room for the Romahome Duo Hi

Its floor area is 2metres x 2 metres.
                  The groundsheet is separate.
                  The poles are fibreglass, The fabric is lightweight (the whole tent weighs around 5 k)
                  The tent had withstood very high winds.
                  The door can be attached to a couple of poles to make a canopy.
                  It cost less than £100 and can be bought on Ebay

It takes us around 10-15 minutes to erect

There is also the OUTDOOR REVOLUTION Handi XL which has 2 opening side windows, a cowl for attaching to the side of a vehicle and an opening front and back. This photo is a stock one from the internet to show what is available. Currently, the tent can be bought on ebay for around £150
                  OUTDOOR REVOLUTION HANDI WITH SIDES.jpg

Comment

How to erect a Movelite awning.

Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Olpro Cubo Breeze Inflatable Awning

Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Outdoor Revolution Movelite XL Awning with two bedrooms.

Graham

Comment

DSC01588.JPG air beam on the van in the sand dunes
                          BuzznDave

Comment

S1440008.JPG go tarp on the pod I have made another one and use it on the Van keeps the rain off the door .
                            BuzznDave

Comment

DSC01593.JPGDSC01593.JPGDSC01593.JPG the sun camp on the van easy to put on
                              BuzznDave

Comment

we used to use a loo tent under the go tarp with the pod now the loo tent is redundant change unit change the add ons
                                BuzznDave

Comment