Drive away awnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive away awnings

Hi I have just joined the site and wondered if I could get some advice please. I have just bought a small camper. A Berlingo romahome duo hilo. I am wanting to purchase a drive away awning an would like any recommendations or advice please. I am a woman on my own so would have to put it up alone most of the time so would like to take this into consideration. Thankyou

Hi June, welcome to Small Motorhome, I’ve moved your post into this section where there are lots of threads and chat about awnings have a browse through the posts.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello June123 and welcome to the site

Somewhere on the site there is a "sticky" about anwings that was started by jayjay but I'm blowed if I can find it.

Lots of info on it with pictures and opinions.

Hopefully somebody else will find it for you

Comment

Welcome June123. I have no idea about awnings, I gave them up when I stopped caravanning but I'm glad to have you with us. I guess if you have a drive away awning it would have to be self supporting and completely done up when you drive away otherwise it might parachute away across the fields. Don't forget they are bulky when you fold them up so they would take up a lot of space inside the van - sorry if that is a bit obvious but It needs consideration.
        Andrew
        Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding. Proverbs 3

Comment

Hi June and welcome!

Here's the thread Sandra mentioned.

https://community.smallmotorhome.co....os-for-newbies

Comment

We have the Outdoor Revolution Movelite - a nice awning. Liz is a seasoned girlguider so I asked her about erecting on her own. She reckoned it would be OK if you are reasonably agile, probably a bit of a faff though (we rarely use it and when we do we invariably erect/dismantle it together). Basically it just has two long glass-fibre poles that need clipping together and pushing through the canvas (at right angles). Once done you peg the canvas into the poles to make its erect square shape and then peg down.

I would suspect the easiest option for a solo camper is also the most expensive one (isn't it always?) - an inflatable awning - they seem pretty simple to put up but also seem twice the price of conventional poled awnings.

Comment

Thankyou everyone for your advice on awnings. You have given me usefully information. I will now do some investigating. I have also a caravan which I have now sited and have a kampa air awning which I manage to put up alone but find it is quite bulky and heavy so didn't want to be carrying one around in a small camper.

Comment

We have an revolution outhouse handi xl, but i tend to use my tiny pop up tent as a "garage" to put the stuff in at night, or on day trips and just get cold when outside eating my tea.

Comment

If on your own a pop up / throw up is probably the easiest and most versatile. Up in seconds and pegged in minutes, with no poles to thread. It can be placed in the most suitable position for the size and shape of the pitch, and less precision is needed when reparking. When packed the flat circular bag slipped under the van at night when using aires.

Comment

Hi everyone. I have had a Berlingo romahome duo hylo for around 3 months which has developed a problem. I noticed yesterday morning that one side of the roof at the front had popped up. I haven't touched the roof for around a month now. As far as I can see it looks like it could be a snapped bracket or something. Could anyone give me any advice on this please. I am in Barnsley. South Yorkshire
                    Thankyou June.

Comment

Hello @June123.

You've put your query in your original awning thread so people who have already read it might not go back and look again.

Might be best to repost as a separate thread, so that more people see your problem

Comment