Advice on airbeam drive away awning for Toyota HiAce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on airbeam drive away awning for Toyota HiAce

Just ordered my first small van conversion a 2009 Toyota HiAce Fieldmaster which will be converted by Poplar Motors in Chesterfield. I currently have an airbeam tent and like the concept so I'm looking for advice on a similar design as a driveaway awning suitable for the van. It will be fitted with a 3m Flamma wind out awing if this helps. I know this topic has been covered previously but products change and new designs are being introduced all the time.

We have an Olpro Cubo Air driveaway awning there are photos in the Sticky Thread Awning Photos #9
    I too think they are great but maybe a bit bulky and heavy when being moved as we tend to be moving around a lot we do not use it often. In 3 years less than 10 nights use.
    My advice would be you have a wind-out awning and presumably still have the tent- try using the tent as an awning (if you need one in addition to the wind-out) - you can get sides for the Fiamma, which is another option.
    Jon

Comment

We have a Vango Kela driveaway and I agree with Jon, they are pretty easy to put up but they are bulky and heavy. Just think how you are going to use your van, if you are going to go to a site and stay there for a week or so an awning is ideal, especially if you are accompanied by a four legged friend, but if you intend moving frequently, say every two or three days then an awning becomes a heavy, bulky liability. We found an acceptable alternative was a small utility tent, or a toilet tent where the front unzipped and could be used as a canopy attached to the van with dent pullers.
      Janet

Comment

Thanks for responses, decided to purchase a Vango KelaV as we picked up an ex-demo one for a good price from local Winfields.

Comment