Awning for R 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
    Decision finally made re an awning for my R20....well, almost!

Which brings me to another point. I suppose using the little solar ground lights to make a 'landing strip' would help one to line up correctly when backing into a previously erected awning at the back of the van?
    Ha ha that's why they are called 'drive-aways' and not 'reverse-back-to's'!

I took Glen's advice when I bought mine... put a piece of washing line or rope by the side of the van before you drive away and reverse lining your wheels up with the line to get back, I used to open the driver's door so I could see it without using the mirrors. Dead easy when you get the hang of it.

Comment

We are still experimenting to find our perfect R20 awning. We don't really want a full-size Movelite as they are a little bigger than we think we want.

The QuickTent seemed perfect but its's hard to get the cowl on the top of the R20 nicely. and the flat roof puddles in heavy rain threatening to bring the whole thing down. We did buy 4 fibreglass kite spares, made pockets in the corners of the roof and a centre-piece so the roof domed up slightly. This looked a good solution but made it even harder to get the cowl over the van - doh!

Our latest idea is to use our Outhouse Handi with 2 240cm awning poles, ie to erect the tent part as normally and have the cowl hoisted to 2.4m by these separate guyed poles. The van should then be able to drive up either just under the awning or at least to very close ( the tall back door might foul on the sloping cowl)

To try and make it 'reverse back to' Liz is adding an optional tape which velcros across the opening, at the height of the van's read window, with a bit of flourescent orange material in the middle so the idea is to reverse slowly back keeping the flourescent in the middle of the window a stop when we touch it.

It'll probably never work but it's fun trying. Should give the rest of you a laugh when we trial it at Tiverton - unless we have another idea in the meantime.

Comment

To try and make it 'reverse back to' Liz is adding an optional tape which velcros across the opening, at the height of the van's read window, with a bit of flourescent orange material in the middle so the idea is to reverse slowly back keeping the flourescent in the middle of the window a stop when we touch it.

What a brilliant idea! Or you could even use one of those security light sensors from Lidls that have been discussed on the forum recently, having it light up as you approach?
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X