Movelight Awnings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movelight Awnings.

Could you please tell me which of the Movelight range is the most suitable for use with a R20 HyLo.

Thanks.

Geoff.

WE use a Movelite Xl with our Outlook Hitop. We had the basic one but it wasnt quite high enough to clear the door properly. Also the XL is 3m square and the basic is 2.4m. Not a a lot of difference in actual measurements but the XL has a much more spacious feel. If you are buying from a shop or dealer ask to try them on the car park.

Peter

Comment

Movelite square

Used my Movelite square this weekend on my R20lo (11 reg - old Berlingo) and it fits fine. Just check position for the door? Don't fix down the cowl before lifting the roof! Go for it. We got ours on Ebay - £100 only used once - a deal.

Comment

Thanks. Square it is then.

Geoff.

Comment

OK, I will confess that we STILL haven't christened our Movelite awning. As with tents, it is probably better to pracise before arriving at a campsite (rather than be the cause of helpless laughter amongst the sometimes sympathetic onlookers. )

We really must go to the local park or similar to practise... BEFORE the Spring meet, or it will be the khyam tent again.
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
            OK, I will confess that we STILL haven't christened our Movelite awning. As with tents, it is probably better to pracise before arriving at a campsite (rather than be the cause of helpless laughter amongst the sometimes sympathetic onlookers. )

We really must go to the local park or similar to practise... BEFORE the Spring meet, or it will be the khyam tent again.

Bring it to the meet Sue, there will be plenty of us to help put it up and it really is a simple affair, honest. The first time we put ours up was at our 1st SM&F meet, in the dark after a hellish journey and it was up in less than half an hour without looking at the instructions
            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Ok, I will ...she replies, resolutely! Thanks.

And anyway I don't mind a little gentle teasing and laughing at me really!

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
                Ok, I will ...she replies, resolutely! Thanks.

And anyway I don't mind a little gentle teasing and laughing at me really!
                Right I will organise the pulling susies leg competition and sell tickets for the awning erecting show,half price to hecklers.

I will help.
                Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

: With friends like Ian ,who needs enemies? Next thing will be a video clip on youtube...Oh no, what have I said?

Comment

If you really want a laugh you can watch me putting up my Romahome awning,the last two times the wind caught it and I nearly took off, its a real battle.
                    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Ha ha. Like at Norfolk, when Bill released the final guy ropes and our big tent nearly took me up into the sky, for all the world like Piglet in Winnie the pooh.

Winnie the Pooh: Happy "Winds-day", Piglet.
                      Piglet: [being blown away] Well... it isn't... very happy... f-for me.
                      Winnie the Pooh: Where are you going, Piglet?
                      Piglet: That's what I'm asking myself, where?
                      [he is lifted into the air by a gust of wind]
                      Piglet: W-Whoops! P-P-P-Pooh!
                      Winnie the Pooh: [grabbing Piglet's scarf] And what do you think you will answer yourself?

Roo: Look, mama, look! A kite!
                      Kanga: Oh, my goodness! It's Piglet!
                      Winnie the Pooh: [Being dragged behind Piglet] Happy Windsday, Kanga. Happy Windsday, Roo.
                      Roo: Can I fly Piglet next, Pooh?

Last edited by NomadSue; 16-04-2012, 20:15.

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
                        Bring it to the meet Sue, there will be plenty of us to help put it up and it really is a simple affair, honest. The first time we put ours up was at our 1st SM&F meet, in the dark after a hellish journey and it was up in less than half an hour without looking at the instructions
                        First time I'd used mine at the same meet, Glen! And the same for Pendel too - I think there were quite a few of us with new awnings! It took me a bit longer to puzzle out (and not in the dark, either!) but it went up and stayed up. Now I don't even have to think about it really, although the pegging out is the hardest bit for me with back probs. I move mine slightly to the right to accomodate the opening door and then it doesn't snag.

Comment

Still got to try ours. Just bought it - even though our Duo is up for sale, our next camper will be small enough to use our 'new' purchase.
                          A local ads magazine had one in (every small market town runs one over here) "Movelite square awning - new unused £50" it was 5 miles from home - you wouldn't believe how fast I got there!
                          Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X