Outhouse Handi Drive Away Awning / Ultility Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outhouse Handi Drive Away Awning / Ultility Tent

Hi Graham, we use this tent/awning with our Berlingo and are very pleased with it. It will fit most side door hitops and may work on a Hylo. It can also be used standalone as the sleeve rolls back very neatly. You don't have it in your shop at present but it is on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Outhouse-Handi-Awning-Ultility-Camper/dp/B001TM5WZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1271232534&sr=1-1
    Derek Our Berlingo camping car

I'm waiting for some bright spark to invent a popup awning, something like the Gelert 2 minute tent, or an umbrella type bivvy. Somebody would make a fortune out of that one. I think I'll contact Gelert and get them onto it!

Comment

You could put something like the Avon Quicktent on the back of your Kip, fix it to the roof before you push it up and two 6ft ali poles at the back.

Comment

Thanks Jayjay I have added it to the forum shop.

HERE

If anyone else sees anything that they think would be good in the forum shop please tell us.

For those who don't know we get a small commission from Amazon for every sale generated by the forum shop and we use it to fund the running costs of the forum.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

T'was Derek you needed to thank, Graham! LOL!

Just off to check out this Avon Quick Tent... although I have a movelite which I'm pretty sure will fit anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            T'was Derek you needed to thank, Graham! LOL!
            That's weird I know I was in a rush but I'm sure that was your post Jayjay, it must have been Derek's avatar that made me think of you. LOL. (Only joking)

Thanks Derek, sorry for the confusion.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
              Just off to check out this Avon Quick Tent... although I have a movelite which I'm pretty sure will fit anyway....
              This one, probably not large enough for the Kip, I thought you might like to make one

I think the Movilite will fit anyway, if the sleeve won't go over, fit a bit of awning rail along the edge of the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek View Post
                This one, probably not large enough for the Kip, I thought you might like to make one

I think the Movilite will fit anyway, if the sleeve won't go over, fit a bit of awning rail along the edge of the roof.

Already got the awning rail, Derek! Bout the only b+++y thing that came with it that (maybe) works! LOL!

Har Har Graham!!!

Comment

I use a Quechua seconds base tent which pops up easily.There is a knack to getting it down and back in it's bag but once mastered it is eazy.
                  It is not attached to my van but I pitch it up by my door.I put my table and chair in there and can even cook there using my George Forman and extension lead.
                  It's great to leave things in when I drive off site. Also good to leave dogs in when they are soggy after a walk.
                  Hope this link works. If not check out Decathlon store.
                  http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/seconds-base-35307101/

Comment

Hello Pat,
                    That tent looks ideal. I have an Outhouse which I use the same way you do, but I've often thought a pop-up tent would be great. Are they fairly robust when the wind gets up?
                    Aileen

Comment

Hi Aileen,
                      I bought the tent last year from Decathlon in Stockport.I actually went and had a go putting it up and down in the store before buying just to make sure I could do it. have you looked at the video on the link I sent?
                      The only time it was up in strong wind was at Rosemarkie in Scotland where I was camped next to the sea.It moved and bent a bit but stayed up.
                      I will be using it at Wolverley next weekend.

Comment

There are two varieties of the quecha base tent.... the full version is designed to work with the smaller pop up tents as annexes.

The idea being you can have a communual area and have your individual sleeping pods.

One idea I have thought that when I finally get a motorhome I could chuck the adult kids out tiny pop ups with access to the base tent. When I am on my own I could just have the base.

The best motorhome annexes I have seen though are the kynham which definietely do not bend in the wind, but they are not cheap.

Comment

outhouse handi

dear derek,

do you think that the awning you use on the side of your berlingo would work on the rear, i have just bought a berlingo 2004 model, but rather than taking out the back seats out an extending platform , then i would have to have tailgate open while sleeping hence the need for rear awning, would it work with tailgate open to its full height, i hope this makes sense, any info appreciated, just toying with ideas dont really want to take seats out,.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetkwan View Post
                            dear derek,

do you think that the awning you use on the side of your berlingo would work on the rear, i have just bought a berlingo 2004 model, but rather than taking out the back seats out an extending platform , then i would have to have tailgate open while sleeping hence the need for rear awning, would it work with tailgate open to its full height, i hope this makes sense, any info appreciated, just toying with ideas dont really want to take seats out,.
                            I don't think the awning I use will fit on the back of the Berlingo. Caranex make one that fits.
                            Last edited by Derek; 21-03-2011, 21:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek View Post
                              I don't think the awning I use will fit on the back of the Berlingo. Caranex make one that fits.
                              I think the movelite square would fit the bill.
                              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X