As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

romahome c15 awning help which awning fits the romahome c15 hytop ? & porta potty siz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

romahome c15 awning help which awning fits the romahome c15 hytop ? & porta potty siz

hello,
    we have finally realised we need a bit extra bit of space.
    can anyone help as we are new to this and found googling romahome awning did nothing.
    we need something that is quick to put up and down and adds a bit of space , we find we are in one place for just a night so it must be something very easy and light like a gazebo . how would it attach to the stable door we have . please can anyone give any names we can google.
    plus what poeta potty fits the romahome and where would it go, we bought one but found it was massive and we tried keeping it wedged at the top inbetween the two seats but it spilt out when we dragged it to the front etc an out, is there one that will fit and where can i get it and know it is the correct size. im new to this forum and so where would i go to find the answer if someone gives me one.

lastly the lady who sold us the van put a very dogdy fridge in , and didnt check it worked and it caught fire, any help in what we can do? she took the orignial fridge out, and didnt use gas, she put one in that she found somewhere and didnt check it, shes ignoring our mail and were stuck.

Originally posted by miketracey777 View Post
    hello,
    we have finally realised we need a bit extra bit of space.
    can anyone help as we are new to this and found googling romahome awning did nothing.
    we need something that is quick to put up and down and adds a bit of space , we find we are in one place for just a night so it must be something very easy and light like a gazebo . how would it attach to the stable door we have . please can anyone give any names we can google.
    plus what poeta potty fits the romahome and where would it go, we bought one but found it was massive and we tried keeping it wedged at the top inbetween the two seats but it spilt out when we dragged it to the front etc an out, is there one that will fit and where can i get it and know it is the correct size. im new to this forum and so where would i go to find the answer if someone gives me one.

lastly the lady who sold us the van put a very dogdy fridge in , and didnt check it worked and it caught fire, any help in what we can do? she took the orignial fridge out, and didnt use gas, she put one in that she found somewhere and didnt check it, shes ignoring our mail and were stuck.
    Most people seem to go for the Movelite Square Awning, it is very light and reasonably easy to put up for two people, there is a sleeve that fits over the back of your Romahome so you can get into the awning through the back door, you can zip it up and leave it on site when you go out for the day, have a look here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...almotoandfr-21

I think the porta potty you need is a Thetford 335 there is one on ebay here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335-thetfo...item33814f43bc I think it fits under the seats, other C15 owners might be able to help.

Can't help with the fridge, sorry.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Fridge - take it out and get a new one, or a good second-hand camping three way fridge from ebay.

something like this, but check the size.
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SunnGas-3-...ectorid=229508

I'm afraid it's buyer beware, there's not a lot you can do about things once the money has exchanged hands, except take the person responsible to the small claims court. If you choose this path, be aware that it may cost you more than the price of a new fridge! You will need to take photos of the damage and the cost of the repair/replacement. It could be argued that it is the buyer who should check things work before they buy.

The whole gas pipe system had to be replaced on my caravan, plus rewiring all the electrical stuff. If I had gone away in it just going on what the seller had said, I wouldn't be here now! I did consider taking him to court, but in the end, I just sorted it out. I should have checked before I bought. Sadly I know that now from experience!

If you do buy a new fridge, make sure it's fitted by a qualified person, don't mess with gas pipes unless you are qualified. If you have no idea why the fire started with the fridge, you need to get the electrics checked over, and also any gas pipes, best to be safe, than sorry.
      http://www.mobilecaravanengineers.co.uk/

There are several non-fitted fridges you could simply take with you and plug in when you get there, like these:
      http://http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/com...item460e4e00d4 which you simply fill with food and plug in or turn on when you get there - you could put it out in the awning on a folding table..

It all depends on how long you're going to be away for. You could manage three days just with a cool box.

Awnings - Movelite every time for me! They fit over the back of your van with a tunnel bit, so you step into them straight out of your back door. If you search on this site with awnings in the search field, you will find plenty of pictures.

Loo - well I use a luggable loo as it's really only a bucket with a loo seat and lid. No tanks to empty, just put a splash of blue stuff in with a bit of water, empty every day so it doesn't get too heavy. Some people with Romahomes have taken their porta potties out as they are difficult to lift, and have one of these instead.

Once you have everything sorted out, you'll have a great little getaway vehicle!
      Last edited by jayjay; 12-04-2013, 16:41.

Comment

Porta potti 335.

Some C15s have a dedicated space in a locker (it is a slightly different shape and there is a slot in the front so that you can get at the handle.

This model alsi fits between the benches and that is where we kept ours just behind the front seats.

We have both the movelite square and the XL (dont ask) and whilst they are not perfect they are perfectly adequate and much lighter and more compact to store than the Harrison awning (we have one of those as well but it is about 30 years old)

Peter

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X