Drive away Awnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive away Awnings

the other day i was just looking ay campsites on the net Not CC or CC&C but just in general.
    When looking at terms some state that they don't allow Driveaway Awnings , This seems silly
    as they allow tents. can someone enlighten me to why this could be ??
    Be Free, Be Safe, Be Happy and most of all Enjoy Yourself

I've never experienced that, how strange. Can anyone enlighten us?
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Seems inexplicable!
      derek b and Babs

Comment

I've never noticed that on any sites - which sites are they?

Comment

Nor me either! Are you sure they just didn't say awnings are not allowed in some places and not others?

The C&CC sites don't charge for awnings or dogs, which I always think is very good. A lot of private sites charge for anything and everything over and above a basic unit!

Comment

Can't say as i've ever come across that one, though it wouldn't surprise me as sites seem to increasingly be coming up with daft rules about all sorts of things.

I was looking at what appeared to be a lovely site the other day, was on the verge of booking when i noticed in the small print that children were only allowed on site on bookings of 7 nights or more - no explanation given and I can't for the life of me think what difference the length of stay makes - surely you either accept kids or you go down the adults only route.............. utter madness.
            Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

I searched briefly online and found a site at whitby that specified no driveaway awnings, as well as no tents and windbreaks only when occupier of pitch is on site. There wasn't a reason given, I can only assume it could be to prevent wind damaging the items. Awnings attached to caravans have a very heavy item connected to it and could be less likely to be blown away even if they are blown down. Maybe??
              Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
                I searched briefly online and found a site at whitby that specified no driveaway awnings, as well as no tents and windbreaks only when occupier of pitch is on site. There wasn't a reason given, I can only assume it could be to prevent wind damaging the items. Awnings attached to caravans have a very heavy item connected to it and could be less likely to be blown away even if they are blown down. Maybe??
                I suppose that might be why but a properly pitched and guyed tent with decent pegs won't go anywhere even in high wind. They are tested to stand up to high winds as part of the design process after all.
                Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
                  You are probably right, stopped on a sight near Lindisfarne, and although they didn't ban awnings, on one windy day several drive aways were destroyed, their owners returned to find them rolled up with stones on top to hold them down - thoughtfully provided by campers who had remained on site!
                  derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by derek b View Post
                    You are probably right, stopped on a sight near Lindisfarne, and although they didn't ban awnings, on one windy day several drive aways were destroyed, their owners returned to find them rolled up with stones on top to hold them down - thoughtfully provided by campers who had remained on site!
                    I wouldn't dare leave my awning to itself if it was very windy - I prefer to stick around to watch it blow away myself!

Seriously thinking of going up that way later in the year, Derek, so I hope I can pitch next to a tree so that I can tie it to that! I had a similar experience late last year, but fortunately had a nearby tree to tie one side to, and the other was tied to the car! It suffered no damage though, which was more than could be said for a gazebo, a large caravan awning and a few windbreaks left to themselves.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X