Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best lightweight awning for Romahome Hylo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best lightweight awning for Romahome Hylo?

Can anyone tell me which lightweight awning best fits the Hylo? We have a proper Romahome awning which is fairly substantial but takes up quite a bit of room in the back. We are hoping to find some little pop-up type thing somewhere that would be more suitable for quick stops. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

We were very pleased with our Avon Quicktent that we bought from Ant

Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

This one is very popular with small motorhomers, very lightweight and packs away in one smallish bag.

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/smallmoca...ail/B001TM7JV6
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks, Derek and Graham. I'll check both those awnings out.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          This one is very popular with small motorhomers, very lightweight and packs away in one smallish bag.

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/smallmoca...ail/B001TM7JV6
          Isn't the new version lovely? I like the larger windows and the gazebo-like look to it. And the price is pretty reasonable now as well. If I had the cash...

Comment

Am checking out the Movelite in particular as it offers the most room. On the link you gave, Graham, it says 'canopy poles are sold separately'. I wasn't quite sure what that meant. Do you have to buy the poles as an additional item? Also do you have to buy the 'motorhome fixing kit' and is the awning drive-away (or do you have to buy the 'drive-away kit' also?
            Last edited by Noosner; 31-05-2010, 10:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Noosner View Post
              Am checking out the Movelite in particular as it offers the most room. On the link you gave, Graham, it says 'canopy poles are sold separately'. I wasn't quite sure what that meant. Do you have to buy the poles as an additional item? Also do you have to buy the 'motorhome fixing kit' and is the awning drive-away (or do you have to buy the 'drive-away kit' also?
              When we got ours the canopy poles were included, unless they have changed since. The awning is free standing and you can drive away, you won't need a motorhome fixing its just for motorhomes with a fiamma pull out awning, for your hilo you will just throw the sleeve over the back of your van and pin down with the tie down straps. Then when you want to go out you take the sleeve off the back of your van zip up the awning and away you go.

Hope that makes sense.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Sounds like the theme for a new movie, Mr Spielberg

Comment

Originally posted by aggsnrog View Post
                  Sounds like the theme for a new movie, Mr Spielberg

Yes next time we go away with the awning, I am taking my directors chairs and directing a movie of how to put up a movelite, should be fun.
                  Graham

Comment

Ace news. Thanks, Graham. I'm going to order it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Noosner View Post
                      Ace news. Thanks, Graham. I'm going to order it now.
                      Looks like you got the last one, it says they are out of stock now. Hopefully they will be getting some more.
                      Graham

Comment