Movelite Awning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movelite Awning

I have a movelite awning but have not been able to try it yet (Garden to small). We hope to get away for a few days next week but the instructions don't seem very helpful and I must admit that Greta and I are new to this but cannot waite to get out there and meet some of you face to face rather than me being a lurker on this site. However back to point...has anybody got any detailed instruction for the erection and I noted that there was talk of a video in a previous thread. Any help would be most appreciated which may stop us looking like complete plonkers when we are on site.

Best wishes

Stu

Hi Stu,

Which Movelite have you got? I have the movelite small size, now known as the square. The instructions for erection are sewn into the bag and flip out when you unzip it. They are very easy to erect once you have done it a few times, it gets easier and easier. I start by putting the two lengths of poles together and fitting them crossways thru the outer loops, then bending them into the upward facing pegs. That makes the square.

Depending on whether you have an awning rail or not, the next step is to either put the hoody bit over the back of your van and secure (I used to trap mine in the back skylight on the romahome) then pull out taut to the back (so the hoody is straight), then peg down all around, then peg the hoody straps to either side of your vehicle near the wheels. If you have an awning rail, slide the awning bit into that before threading the poles through.

Don't know how to put up the XL, but would imagine it's pretty similar but bigger! Good luck!

Comment

Hi Stu

I am hoping to do a video when I can get round to it, I have got the pictures, just got to put them together in order and work out the text to go with it but meanwhile JayJay's instructions seem pretty good to me.

Just a couple of pieces of advice, don't try and do it if it is windy, I nearly sailed over the campsite with ours once, and I would suggest two people working together, I can imagine it would be very hard for one.

The hardest bit is getting the poles to bend enough to get the metal pegs into them at the bottom.

Hopefully the video will make more sense when I've done it.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Movalite Awning

Hi

Thank you JayJay and Graham for your quick responses. Jay Jay I had the pleasure of your advice when I visited you when you had your van up for salw. I am the rather portly (sorry I mean Fat) guy who had difficulty getting behind the wheel, I took your advice and got a C15, it's now had the necesarry work done to it and were rarin to go, Thank you for all the tips you gave me that day.

Graham, a video would be great and your right JayJay's instructions seen concise. Best wishes to you both.

Stu

Comment

oh hello Stu!!

Yes I remember you well, and I'm so glad you found a C15 in the end, I thought it would suit you better and I remember how disappointed you were that my little van wasn't right for you.

Right, you need the hoody bit to fit over the back of your van! There's a thread on here which shows how I fitted mine, and pinned it down using the back roof vent. I'll try to find the thread and attach it for you, a picture always helps!

Here it is:http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...read.php?t=493

Graham is right about two ppl being easier - with two you can get the poles into the upright pegs much easier by standing at each side diagonally, as the two poles cross over on the outside in the middle. And watch out for the winds, like Graham said - I've nearly gone flying a kite with mine on occasions!

Lovely to hear from you again!

Comment

And here's the movelite on the back of my liddle Kip! Much bigger than it looks on this photo though!

Do you like the prop arrangment on the window - one lock broken, the other missing, so propped with a piece of wood. (sigh, more money!) I didn't even notice until I wanted to open the window! LOL!

Just returned from a lovely little campsite between Silloth and Allonby along the coast road on the Cumbrian coast - will write a review later!

Comment

Originally posted by stu5052 View Post
              has anybody got any detailed instruction for the erection and I noted that there was talk of a video in a previous thread.
              Hi Stu

I have now uploaded the video if it is any help you can view it here:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA16a0B7LWE
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                Hi Stu

I have now uploaded the video if it is any help you can view it here:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA16a0B7LWE
                Great video, Graham! Love the music too!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                  Great video, Graham! Love the music too!
                  It's difficult to know what music to put to video's but I think an instrumental is better so I chose Art of Noise - close to the edit.

Initially I wasn't sure whether there was a copyright issue but YouTube haven't taken it off....................yet.
                  Graham

Comment

Please bear with me. Am taking a few minutes off the task to rant and rage.

We have been camping for probably 40 years, using small dome tents, a larger canvas tent, a trailer tent, a large Khyam tent, etc. So I think we can rightly call ourselves fairly experienced campers.

But this awning seems an absolute PIG to put up!!!!

The instructions that come with it are appalling - a five year old child could write them more clearly. So we are now trying to erect our new Movelite Square in a very small back garden, laptop in the garden, with the youtube video on pause for each stage...! THANK YOU, GRAHAM, FOR TAKING THE TROUBLE TO POST THE VIDEO. YOU ARE A SAINT...EVEN IF I STILL CAN'T GET IT RIGHT!!

And I, in my innocence, had hoped to erect it by myself on Friday at the campsite. Huh!

Will let you know if we ever get it up. Thank goodness that, as with all new tents, we had a practice at home first.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Ok. There's a bottle of plonk for anyone who would like to visit Broadlands Caravan Site, Norfolk, Friday 1- 2pm ish to show me how to put this...er....wondrous thing up!

As Mos said, there are people who can collect pieces of paper in education and then there are people who can actually do useful things!
                    Last edited by NomadSue; 31-08-2011, 16:33. Reason: to add extra comment
                    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Well done Graham, you can probably recall you and four other people coming to our aid at Moreton in Marsh, as we took down our Movelite Square awning in high winds!! Oh what fun!!

Since then we have been in force ten gales to absolute calm, we have learned to let out two of the storm straps on the windward side and not disconnect them until we have collapsed the poles, then the whole lot can't blow away, or to get help, if alone and the wind is blowing.

All you need is for one person to hang on to one of the poles while the other one either puts in or removes the metal pegs, as the whole thing tries to take off when lifting the corners in a wind.

We seem to always follow your advice Graham and have a drink (or two) once the awning is up, whatever the weather conditions.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X