X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardhurst Farm Camping and Caravan Site, Hope Valley, Derbyshire

Site Address: Parsons Lane, Hope Valley S33 6RB

Phone: 01433 620001

Price Guide: £14 for a hard standing pitch without electricity.

Date visited: March 2019

This was a two night stay in the lovely Hope Valley area of Derbyshire. The campsite consists of a large field, with electric hook ups and a few hard standings, we found the hard standing very narrow, it was just big enough to get the van on but we stepped out onto muddy grass, at least we didn't have to park on grass and we were pleased we could have a hard standing without electricity unlike the two Camping Clubs who charge for electric whether you want it or not. There are quite a few touring caravans which look like they are permanently sited. A train track at the back of the site runs all night but it was fairly quiet where we were pitched near the toilets and showers and it didn't disturb us. There is a separate rally field which is popular with DoE groups.

There were toilets which looked like they were in a converted cow shed, not very clean but adequate, the showers were in a separate much more modern building and looked to be of good size and free. There were two outdoor sinks for washing pots but only one had running hot water, there was also a laundry room with washer, drier and freezer for freezing ice packs. There is a cafe on site which wasn't open when we were there midweek but I think it opens at weekends.

The farm is a working farm and you have to ring the bell at the farm house before pitching, the owner was friendly and let us pick our pitch.

The area is good for walking around the surrounding hills, there is a pub The Travellers Rest which is a short (2 min) walk down the lane and serves decent pub grub. Hope village is a 20-25 minute walk with Castleton a little further along the same road we caught the bus to Castleton (the bus stop is just down the road from the campsite) and walked back to the campsite it took around an hour. The bus goes to Sheffield one way and Castleton the other. There are a few pubs and cafes in Hope and also in Castleton.

Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

..............................and for those GPS addicts like me, the entrance is at 53.34317, -1.72416
    Tony

Comment

I finally got round to uploading the video for anyone interested. I've put it in the first post too.

Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment