New England Bay, Caravan Club site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New England Bay, Caravan Club site

Site Address: Port Logan, Drummore, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland DG9 9NX. Telephone 01776 860275

Rating: Excellent

Price Guide: £20 per night when we visited in June 2016 but check the website or your campsite guide book, prices vary according to season.

Site Information: This was an excellent site if you want to get away from civilisation and just chill out. The phone and television signal we found to be very poor but this added to the attraction for us it was lovely just to get away from everything. The road down the peninsular seems to take forever but you are rewarded when you finally arrive, the site nestles on the coast, right next to a beautiful beach which is ideal for water sports, walking and its dog friendly if you have your pooch with you. The pitches are mostly grass and set out in secluded little areas giving a feel of privacy, there is lots of wildlife about, rabbits galore so watch where you are stepping.

There's a small shop on site but if you want a supermarket you will have a bit of a drive the nearest large town is Stranraer which is about 14 mile back up the peninsular. I would recommend you take enough provisions for a few days if you can. There was a bakery van, fish and chip van and fresh fish van visited when we were there. The nearest pub is about 2 or three mile walk across to the peninsular to Port Logan where you can also find the famous Port Logan Fish Pond

In summary if you want a campsite with lots of things to do and entertainment don't bother but if you want to relax, chill out and be at one with nature then give this site a try, it really is lovely.

Have a look at the video I took while we were there.

Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Great review, Graham.

I love Dumfries & Galloway! Known as the lowlands, and there are lots of places to visit! Port Logan is where the series 'Two Thousand Acres of Sky' was filmed... but the locals are not keen to talk about it much, I think they got a bit fed up with all the attention when it was being screened, and ever after! My favourite place there is the Isle of Whithorn where the aqua plane landing was filmed in the harbour for a scene in the Wicker Man. They have a wicker man festival there every year.... and whenever I go, I have always missed it!

Comment

I was on this site for 3 weeks in October 2017. Very nice but terrible weather so I came home 3 days early. It was my first ''long'' trip with the Go-Pod. For others in this area it would be worth noting that small but very useful grocery shops are at Drumore (also a Post Office), Sandhead (also a P.O.) and Port William on the other side of the bay. Might be up that way this September.

Comment

Forgot to mention - I found TV and mobile phone reception excellent. The TV mast is up on the hills on the other side of the bay.

Comment

Originally posted by alive23512 View Post
          Forgot to mention - I found TV and mobile phone reception excellent. The TV mast is up on the hills on the other side of the bay.
          Thanks alive23512 it was very poor when we were there maybe the mast has been put in since then.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment