Nairn Camping and Caravan site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nairn Camping and Caravan site

I stayed in this campsite a few nights and feel I can recommend it. Although relatively close to the road, it is situated in an attractive woodland setting (Delnies Wood) and is quite peaceful, with plenty walks. The facilities are relatively basic, but good enough. The village of Nairn is only a couple of miles away, and has plenty of interest, while Inverness is only 15 miles away, and is buzzing during the summer. There are tons of nearby attractions to visit.

We also stayed on this site for 3 nights in August and have left a review for them. We did not enjoy the site, yes, good walks and a bus stop outside to go various places, red squirrels aplenty.

We asked for a spot furthest from the road, it was very noisy nevertheless. The facilities consist of 2 portacabins with 3 showers, 3 WCs and 3 whbs, no privacy cubicles. We were given to believe this was temporary because of damage to the toilet block over the winter. We soon were put right by other campers, this happened 3 years ago! When you see the rust at the bottom of the toilet doors, you realise how long the portacabins have been in use. Also, if you were a large person, you would have difficulty with the toilets. You have to stand right beside the toilet to let the door open.

We felt the site was very run down, a lick of wood stain would have made it look better. Usually the C & CC site wardens can be seen painting fences etc., we saw nothing of that.

There were police on the site the morning we left (first time we've ever seen that), there had been an incident at a caravan a few sites away from us, we didn't see anything though. I asked one of the police persons if the A96 widening or the Nairn bypass would be affecting the site since nothing appears to be getting done, I was told no, the site won't be affected when it happens.

We wouldn't go back unless the site is updated, would rather pay more for better facilities. Some money needing spent here.

That is our opinion, I'm sure other folk will disagree.

Comment