Forfar Lochside C&MC site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forfar Lochside C&MC site.

Lochside is immaculately maintained with well spaced pitches and first class facilities. It's an easy walk into town with its supermarkets, independent shops and pubs - though the centre has become decidedly shabby. There are also good public transport links to Dundee and surrounding areas.

BUT.. there's something about this site that I can't quite put my finger on. I've been there a few times, mainly because of the bus link to Dundee, but I've never felt relaxed.
    On my last visit, the site was full, but it was like a ghost town. Occasionally you would glimpse another camper, but no "hello", "Good morning" or anything like that.. there was a slightly surreal air about the place.

Still, that's just our opinion. Others think it's great and yes, it's a top notch site, but if I want to stop in the area again, I'll look for another site.
    Still crazy after all these beers.

We were there last summer, pleasant enough location, though I'd echo what you say about the town. We struggled to find somewhere attractive to eat, although the pub we finally settled on did a very acceptable job.
    A circuit of the Ioch made a very pleasant run of just over 4km.
    I can't recall anything remarkable, one way or the other, about the atmosphere.

Convenient for trips to Arbroath, to see the abbey, and Montrose. The Basin area was fascinating.
    Geoff

Comment