Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Brown
    replied
    lol only comes up to the wall in Weston at high tieds in winter and in Brean Down you need a taxi just to get out to the waters edge when it goes out and doesn't usual come up to the sand dunes.

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Brown View Post
    Great video Graham.
    Just a couple of miles down the road from this site is a place called Brean down Just past BOS and you can actually park your vehicle on the sandy beach, last time I went I think I paid £5 parking fee for the whole day and there are plenty of amusements for adults and kids along Berrow road, places for meals and drinks.
    You can also park on the beach in a designated area at Weston-Super-Mare and again the cost last year 2016 was £5 per day.
    Yes we saw vehicles parked on the beach, I'd be worried about high tide.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Brown
    replied
    Great video Graham.
    Just a couple of miles down the road from this site is a place called Brean down Just past BOS and you can actually park your vehicle on the sandy beach, last time I went I think I paid £5 parking fee for the whole day and there are plenty of amusements for adults and kids along Berrow road, places for meals and drinks.
    You can also park on the beach in a designated area at Weston-Super-Mare and again the cost last year 2016 was £5 per day.

Leave a comment:

• Hurn Lane Caravan Club Site, Berrow, near Burnham on Sea

We recently visited Avon Motor Caravans to have some work done on our van. We stayed overnight on a very basic Caravan Club CL, we wanted to stay on another couple of nights so decided to try a bit of luxury and popped into Hurn Lane Caravan Club Site at Berrow. This is my review.

Address
    Berrow, Burnham-On-Sea, Somerset TA8 2QT

We arrived to a very warm welcome from the Site Wardens and told we could take our pick of pitches (it was almost empty being early November), the site is mainly laid to hard standing, although there are some grass pitches in a separate area, we did notice however a planning application notice to add more hard standing pitches. The roads around the site are one way and the pitches are set out in little clusters rather than row after row, there are some trees for shelter. The heated toilets are modern with private washing cubicles and showers which you can actually turn on or off and regulate the temperature yourself rather than having to stand holding a button, all the hot water is included in the price. There is an inside dishwashing area, laundry, parent and baby/toddler washing area and disabled shower and toilet. The facilities block is kept immaculately clean.

On site there is a motorhome service point where you can ditch your waste water down a drain and fill up your fresh water tank with a hose pipe, the site has ample rubbish disposal facilities and operates a recycling policy. There is a really good information station on site with lots of tourist information to help you enjoy your holiday.

There is a large commercial static caravan site which borders the caravan club site and in summer there can be noise from it.

A short walk down the quiet road and you come to a footpath which takes you to a beach via sandhills. The beach is a lovely sandy slightly sloping beach ideal for children to paddle if the tide is in, but if the tide is out its a long walk and there are warnings of sinking sand/mud when the tide is out.

There are no shops or pubs within walking distance, you can walk to Burnham on Sea via the beach and on a nice day it is a pleasant walk of about 3 miles if you are up to it. There are numerous pubs, cafes and eating places in Burnham with a good shopping high street. Weston Super Mare is not far to drive, a typical English seaside place with it's Grand Pier. The pleasant city of Bristol is also within driving distance and is worth a visit.

The site is also handy for those of us with Romahomes who want to visit Avon Motor Caravans.

Here is my video of the campsite.