Highfield Farm, Somerley Road, Fordingbridge. SP6 3BX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highfield Farm, Somerley Road, Fordingbridge. SP6 3BX

This is a delightful little Hideaway C&CC CS only about a mile from Fordingbridge. The approach road is rather narrow but only about 300yds from the main road. The site is actually stables rather than a farm. Access is through big, double metal gates which the proprietors prefer to be kept closed.

The site itself can be found by wending your way down a narrow track between small fields where horses are grazed, and apparently sometimes pigs, too!

It is a well kept, nicely mown one acre field with just the basics: water and chemical disposal, but there are at least 5 EHUs. There is a little shelter at the back of the site, provided by overhanging trees, which was rather nice as it was quite hot during my 2 night stay. I couldn't find the rubbish bin but the only other caravanner on site pointed out the rustic little arrangement for disposing of your black bags: a little farm trailer with a covered top and wooden doors at the back, for access, which was tucked away in the corner near the waste points.

I'd been looking for a Hideaway and in that respect I wasn't disappointed. One of the nicest, neat, clean, quiet little sites I've ever stayed on. I didn't hear any traffic noise at all during my stay, yet within a mile or so F'Bridge CS.JPG there are the delights of the New Forest to explore. Oh, and the unhurried, sleepy village of Fordingbridge with some nice pubs, cafes and a Co-op. It may 'bustle' a bit more when the tourist season really gets under way! There is a public footpath you can walk, to get you into the village.

The cost for a pitch has risen since the publication of the last 'Site Seeker' book' I was charged £12 per night, but although very basic i didn't resent paying that for a pitch where the only sound was the breeze soughing through the willowy boughs in the wooded side of the site. Enjoying the Hiideaway CS, F'Bridge.JPG

Poppy parked under the trees, at the back of the CS

Sorry, I am having trouble placing these photos accurately. i leave the cursor where i want the photo inserted and it decides to drop the photo somewhere else entirely.

What is now the first photo shows the site at the back of the fields, now with THREE units on it, but little Poppy is still in reasonable isolation on the right.

if you're in the area and fancy somewhere nice and quiet to stay I'd recommend this site!
    Cynthia.

Thank you for this excellent site review CyberCynth it looks a lovely place to unwind.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      Thank you for this excellent site review CyberCynth it looks a lovely place to unwind.
      Thanks Graham , as far as I was concerned it was a little corner of heaven!
      Cynthia.

Comment