Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Penquite Farm near Bodmin

http://southpenquite.co.uk/

Just back from 4 nights tenting, fancied a change.
    Arrived Sat afternoon after a 5 hr drive, M5 !!!!!
    This is my 3rd visit,

The site is 2 miles from the A30 accessed now by new bridge at Temple. The road, single track crosses common moor land.
    Horses,cows and sheep roam free.

The road does get very narrow at one point, high stone walls each side. Make a note of passing places.
    The site is sign posted from the road and you travel about 1/4 mile down a gravel road.
    You come across a narrow bridge / shallow ford. This bridge is very narrow, car width only. Heavy vehicles to use ford.
    After the bridge is a gate, close after you go through.
    Follow the signs to site.

On arrival find a pitch you like, no fixed pitches. Then check in at reception between 6-8 pm
    Logs are available £5 for fires as are farm meats.
    There is a breakfast cabin where you can buy coffee, bacon rolls and such like if you wish. (8-11am)
    There is no shop on site.

Showers and loo's are clean and tidy, 4 showers are uni-sex and have brushes and mops to use when you have finished. 4 washup sinks with H&C.

Farm animals aplenty, Geese, Turkeys run loose but are no problem.
    The Cat. a ginger one is very friendly and cuddly. So much so he pinched my bed for the evening till I put him out.
    It would appear that he often does B&B in tents. He knows how to open zips.

I was surprised when I arrived how quiet the site was, considering it was peak week. (seen it busier in Sept) Maybe the 47mph wind forecast put people off. (the wind was not as forecast)
    By 10 pm it was a quiet site, no loud voices.
    They do limit the numbers on site, so is never crowded.
    Parts of the site slope a little bit but flat spots can be found, if your in a van levelers will sort it.

Nearest local shops are at Blissland and St Breward 2 miles away for each.
    Main Supermarkets in Bodmin. Asda, Morrisons, Sainsburys. about 7 miles if you go via Blissland, note narrow roads. Or 9 miles if you go back out to the A30. Each way takes about 20 mins.

All in all a very nice site, no doubt I will return.

Steve