Folly Farm C.S. Beckley, Oxford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folly Farm C.S. Beckley, Oxford

Reviewed when toilet closed, so unable to comment.
    Basic site with handful EHUs
    Positivesanoramic views from its hill ( home to a BBC transmitter, but don’t worry this isn’t on camping field!)
    Beckley has a great community owned pub, The Abington Arms, seemingly well managed. with a few local well kept beers, alongside wines and lagers, plus a creative menu even in this COVID time ( everybody eating out doors, well organised) The sort of price you’d expect in this area. About 15 mins from site.
    Village itself very pretty.
    Good walking Oxfordshire way through village. Plenty of cyclists too.
    £12.00 p night w EHU.
    Near Oxford and potential Park and Rides, if that’s what you fancy.
    Negatives:
    (At least when I was there) random vans on site used by visiting workers to area. Were not always considerate re noise from doors etc when arriving late, leaving early)
    Don’t expect a roses round the door, sweet lambs sort of farm. It’s scruffy, smelly, noisy, and personally not struck on huge barns where cattle never go out. These back immediately onto EHU Area.
    ​​​​​​​Travel:
    ​​​​
    Easy from Ring Road (A40) Choose to turn off at Headington ( crematorium) Not Marston /Elsfield since basically speed bumps through villages for miles) or B4027 if approaching from M40 ( though I haven't tried this way)
    Careful on turning into farm as rough, bumpy and easy to scrape underneath.

Is this members only?

Comment

Although it’s a certificated site, there was never any mention of C&CC, and I have a feeling there never would be!

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy tea View Post
        Reviewed when toilet closed, so unable to comment.
        Basic site with handful EHUs
        Positivesanoramic views from its hill ( home to a BBC transmitter, but don’t worry this isn’t on camping field!)
        Beckley has a great community owned pub, The Abington Arms, seemingly well managed. with a few local well kept beers, alongside wines and lagers, plus a creative menu even in this COVID time ( everybody eating out doors, well organised) The sort of price you’d expect in this area. About 15 mins from site.
        Village itself very pretty.
        Good walking Oxfordshire way through village. Plenty of cyclists too.
        £12.00 p night w EHU.
        Near Oxford and potential Park and Rides, if that’s what you fancy.
        Negatives:
        (At least when I was there) random vans on site used by visiting workers to area. Were not always considerate re noise from doors etc when arriving late, leaving early)
        Don’t expect a roses round the door, sweet lambs sort of farm. It’s scruffy, smelly, noisy, and personally not struck on huge barns where cattle never go out. These back immediately onto EHU Area.
        Travel:
        ​​​​
        Easy from Ring Road (A40) Choose to turn off at Headington ( crematorium) Not Marston /Elsfield since basically speed bumps through villages for miles) or B4027 if approaching from M40 ( though I haven't tried this way)
        Careful on turning into farm as rough, bumpy and easy to scrape underneath.
        It hasn't improved since we visited then, sandy tea. We had intended to run a mini-meet there for the Royales, on the understanding that it would be tidied up for the event. It wasn't, so we drove round the field and left. That was probably ten years ago.

Comment

Have a feeling the words “tidied up” would need an interpreter!

Comment

That's the trouble with farm sites, some of the proprietors make a real effort to keep the camping area lovely and clean and tidy, some don't bother very much.... Nothing worse than having to drive your unit through a yard covered in cowmuck. Quite apart from the sight and the smell, I don't think the acid is very good for paintwork is it?
            Cynthia

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X