Church Farm Ovington Norfolk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Church Farm Ovington Norfolk

We have been going to this site for quite a few years. Its so peaceful. Owners are just the nicest people. 15 Electric hook ups, a shower & toilets for men and the same for women. Waste water disposal point as well as toilet emptying . Pan washing is situated in a conservatory which could double as a meeting room in bad weather. We were there from Friday till Today (Sunday) and only one other unit there. It is a few minuets drive to Watton , a small town. Lots of shops there & also a huge Tesco store. . Its about halfway between Dereham & Thetford. We tend to not go too far these days as Derek gets very tired on long journeys so this is ideal for us. Plenty of country lanes for walking . Not sure if there is a pub in the village. The birds are out singing until after 9pm and its lovely to sit out & listen to them all. No children allowed as there is nothing there to keep them amused. It is a listed CL site on C&CC listing. Just thought I would let you all know about it. I have lots of pictures but not sure how to add them. The facilities are very basic. Mostly built by Bob the owner.

Originally posted by pendel View Post
    We have been going to this site for quite a few years. Its so peaceful. Owners are just the nicest people. 15 Electric hook ups, a shower & toilets for men and the same for women. Waste water disposal point as well as toilet emptying . Pan washing is situated in a conservatory which could double as a meeting room in bad weather. We were there from Friday till Today (Sunday) and only one other unit there. It is a few minuets drive to Watton , a small town. Lots of shops there & also a huge Tesco store. . Its about halfway between Dereham & Thetford. We tend to not go too far these days as Derek gets very tired on long journeys so this is ideal for us. Plenty of country lanes for walking . Not sure if there is a pub in the village. The birds are out singing until after 9pm and its lovely to sit out & listen to them all. No children allowed as there is nothing there to keep them amused. It is a listed CL site on C&CC listing. Just thought I would let you all know about it. I have lots of pictures but not sure how to add them. The facilities are very basic. Mostly built by Bob the owner.
    Thanks for that pendel
    We were looking for a not too distant camp during the school holidays and Norfolk was one of the destinations on the list so I'll run this one by the other half (adults only, especially during August, has got to be a bonus!!)

Last edited by SandraM; 12-06-2022, 18:10.

Comment

I've just left a message on their answerphone as John was keen.

Like Derek, he is finding long drives (especially anything involving the M25) a bit too much so straight away there was a positive as he says we'll go via the A12 and the A134

Thanks for the heads up

PS
      Owner has just rung back !!!

All booked in for a week at the beginning of August !!
      Last edited by SandraM; 12-06-2022, 18:40.

Comment

That's brilliant. It is very basic but I dont think you will find anywhere more peaceful & its not that far from the coast, if you want to go for a little drive. Also Norfolk Broads.

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
          That's brilliant. It is very basic but I dont think you will find anywhere more peaceful & its not that far from the coast, if you want to go for a little drive. Also Norfolk Broads.
          Thanks pendel

We like Norfolk anyway and if it isn't too busy, basic won't worry us

It was more the peace and quiet we were after. According to the owner, her other guests leave on the Friday so she said we might have the field to ourselves !!!!

Mustn't be selfish but I wish

Comment

It certainly looks lovely, Penny!

https://www.campingandcaravanningclu...hfarmovington/
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by SandraM View Post

Thanks pendel

We like Norfolk anyway and if it isn't too busy, basic won't worry us

It was more the peace and quiet we were after. According to the owner, her other guests leave on the Friday so she said we might have the field to ourselves !!!!

Mustn't be selfish but I wish
              We quite often have the fields to ourselves. Richard will probably be there but he is a permanent fixture. A very pleasant man.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue View Post
                It really is Sue. Only a short drive to Watton town. If you want peace & quiet, its the place to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SandraM View Post
                  I've just left a message on their answerphone as John was keen.

Like Derek, he is finding long drives (especially anything involving the M25) a bit too much so straight away there was a positive as he says we'll go via the A12 and the A134

Thanks for the heads up

PS
                  Owner has just rung back !!!

All booked in for a week at the beginning of August !!
                  We live very close to the A12 but we go via Bury St Edmunds , its a pleasant drive & more convenient for us.

Comment

It certainly sounds like a well appointed CS in a nice spot.

For sat nav nutters like me the turning into the farm is at 52.58524, 0.84264.

Beware if trying to find it on Google Earth as it's shown in the wrong place - the opposite side of the road and 150 metres away.

Comment

Thanks for the info

@tonyt

I'm navigator. Should make for an interesting journey!!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X