• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingsbury Camping and Caravanning Club Site

Site Address: Kingsbury Water Park, Sutton Coldfield, W Midlands

Phone: 01827 874101

Rating: Highly Recommended.

Price Guide: Check the C&CC sites book or the website for the latest prices, it varies depending on season, if you are member it will be cheaper and if you are over 60 you will get age concession out of season which can make a nice saving.

A Camping and Caravanning Club site open to non members and is open all year round. 7 Miles from Tamworth. Just off junction 9 M42.

There are two heated toilet blocks on site wihich are the usual high standard of Club sites. All usual amenities - showers, toilets, washing up sinks, chemical toilet disposal which are kept immaculately clean etc.

The site is within the Kingsbury Water Park. Lots of walks from the site also bird hides, fishing, cycling and water sports. There is a pleasant pub that where you can get a meal (The Dog and Doublet) it is just a short walk down the canal, it has seats on the canal side where you can have a drink and watch the boats go by. Kingsbury village just a couple of miles away by car or walk through the park in about 45 minutes. Ideal for NEC at Birmingham.

See our YOU TUBE video review of this site from 2011 here:

Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Thanks for the info ... I shall be making a trip to West Midlands on other business in July and this looks conveinient, clean and pleasant. Cheers Tess

Comment

I can’t recommend this place enough. I’ve stayed there three times now and never been disappointed.

Comment

Hi just starting out ( newbie) ...thought this a good place for 1st time trip as it's not to far from home for us and dogs. .....on booking it asks width and length....Can anyone advise what I put .for a Romahome R20 Duo ...will have a small awning at back . Iv put the size I saw on paperwork but keeps saying error ....also do I book hard standing or grass....Think 1st time will be a test ....thanks

Comment

Lin 22 We just put 5m length, 2m width and never have a problem.

The real difference between hard standing and grass is just how soft the ground is and how muddy it gets. If it is first time out I'd recommend going for hard standing. You should be able to pitch your awning at the back even on hard standing (rock pegs and a mallet advised).

Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks for info ....

Comment

Originally posted by BrianTheSnail View Post
              Lin 22 We just put 5m length, 2m width and never have a problem.

The real difference between hard standing and grass is just how soft the ground is and how muddy it gets. If it is first time out I'd recommend going for hard standing. You should be able to pitch your awning at the back even on hard standing (rock pegs and a mallet advised).

Enjoy!
              We use a club hammer rather than a wooden / rubber mallet. It seems to have more whacking power.

There is the bonus that this site is easily accessible whatever the weather (sun, rain, deep snow...) I managed to sail past the entrance on my first visit!

It is an easy stroll down the track to the lake and well worth the effort. (Can get a bit muddy!) A slightly longer (though not far really) walk to the cafe and little, children's farm, both worth visiting if they are open.
              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue View Post

It is an easy stroll down the track to the lake and well worth the effort. (Can get a bit muddy!) A slightly longer (though not far really) walk to the cafe and little, children's farm, both worth visiting if they are open.
                Also if you’ve got good mobility and aren’t afraid of a good walk or cycle there are bird hides around the lakes and a tunnel under the M42 leads to another part of the park with more lakes for fishing, water sports etc., a narrow gauge railway for kids and adults alike to enjoy and a visitor centre with an excellent cafe for indoor or outdoor eating.

You can literally walk for miles around the park if you are up to it. If you are into running there is a great 5k park run on Saturday mornings with very friendly volunteers and fellow runners to encourage you round the course.

Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post

Also if you’ve got good mobility and aren’t afraid of a good walk or cycle there are bird hides around the lakes and a tunnel under the M42 leads to another part of the park with more lakes for fishing, water sports etc., a narrow gauge railway for kids and adults alike to enjoy and a visitor centre with an excellent cafe for indoor or outdoor eating.

You can literally walk for miles around the park if you are up to it. If you are into running there is a great 5k park run on Saturday mornings with very friendly volunteers and fellow runners to encourage you round the course.
                  Yipe, I can confirm you can walk for miles...me n Sand got lost around those lakes and we definately did walk miles...and miles... and miles...

Comment

Originally posted by andy288 View Post

Yipe, I can confirm you can walk for miles...me n Sand got lost around those lakes and we definately did walk miles...and miles... and miles...
                    Sadly I think a lot of campers miss the delights of the whole park because either they can’t walk far, can’t be bothered or don’t realise it’s all there.
                    Graham

Comment

There are some RSPB hides about a mile along the canal towards Tamworth and Middleton Hall close by - worth a visit perhaps if you enjoy walking.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X