"The Tiddly" - Royal Oak, Ellardine, Telford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Tiddly" - Royal Oak, Ellardine, Telford

The Tiddly is in a rural setting just a few miles N of Telford. It's a pub stopover that it has a large, flat camping field to the rear and the pub charges £5 per night to charity for stopover in the field. No hook-up but there are a couple of temporary toilet cubicles on the field and fresh water is available from an outside tap at the rear of the pub. So, unlike many pub sites this would be a good place if a few folks wanted to meet up for a night or two.

The pub itself is large enough if you wanted a quiet pint and small enough for you to join in with the conversation and banter, and, if our experience is anything to go by, you will be invited so to do - it was probably the friendliest pub we've ever been in. There is a separate restaurant room to the rear. We didn't see the menu as Wednesday night is Pie Night and Liz and I choose from the pie menu. Should anyone else be so tempted may I warn you that the large pie (£7.50 including chip/mash and veg) was probably envisaged as a meal for at least 2 - it is rare I leave anything on the plate but a large pie defeated me. Liz's small pie (£5.95) was simple half of a large one and more than adequate for most. Five real ales and two real ciders one (£3.20 a pint for all I think) and the usual lagers etc. No food on Mon or Tues and Weds is bikers' night although apart from the occasional throaty revving outside you wouldn't have noticed. Not a sports bar but the small corner TV did have a throng of us around watching the England match.

Had it got hook-up then this might make a reasonable site for a small rally but if anyone is looking for a cheap, quiet rural site to meet up with a friend or two then this might be a possibility. We would certainly return.

Thanks Brian, worth remembering that one! £5 + £5.95 + £3.20 = less than 15 squid, not bad at all for food drink and somewhere to stop for the night. Have paid more just for somewhere to stop.

Comment

We called in for a drink recently, what a lovely place/atmosphere!

Comment