Little Stryne Fishing and Campsite, Borrowash, Derbyshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Stryne Fishing and Campsite, Borrowash, Derbyshire

This is a lovely little Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site on the banks of the River Derwent. It's family owned and when you arrive you will find a locked gate, you have to ring the warden and a lovely lady called Brenda will come and let you in, once in the site you will be given the number of the lock so you can come and go as you please but the gate is always kept locked so very secure.

There are two fields, one field has all electric hook ups and some vans which appear to be there long term including the warden's, the other field is all grass and has a lot of pitches around the perimeter, some are on the banks of the Derwent, there are some electric hook ups on this field but in the main it is non electric. Although it is a C&CC CS we weren't asked for our membership card.

There is a porta cabin housing toilets for both men and women which is clean but basic and there are no showers, three bays house the water tap, drains for grey water with a tap for rinsing and the third bay has an elsan emptying point with a tap for rinsing.

At the weekend there is a trailer and a lady called Sarah sells burgers and the like.

The site is described a fishing site but most of the spots which could be used for fishing appear to be overgrown, I found one spot on the river which was very sloping and quite uncomfortable to fish at, so if your main interest is fishing I wouldn't bother.

There is also a lovely walk which can be used as a dog walk, it is a mown path which follows the river Derwent (although you can't see the river because the banks are overgrown) and circles right round the estate and back to the campsite, you have to negotiate a couple of rickety bridges but it is quite a nice walk.

The town of Borrowash is within about a five to ten minutes walk and there is a large Co-op supermarket, pub (which we didn't try), fish and chip shop and other takeaways, cafe, fishmongers and other local shops. Elvaston castle which is house in a large country park is close by and about a 10-15 minute walk.

We paid £10 for a grass pitch on the river bank with no electric. We enjoyed our stay and were made very welcome by Brenda, we would recommend it for a short break.

Here is my video review:

Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

I use to work in the Bridal shop in Borrowash for 5yrs and passed this site to and from work. Elvaston is a regular haunt for us. My son lives 1/2as the crow flies from there..

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
    Working...
    X