Anyone been to Teversal C&CC club site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to Teversal C&CC club site?

Anyone been to this site near Mansfield? Liz and I are trying to find sites suitable for meets a touch further North - and yes, we'd welcome ideas for sites even further N such as Yorkshire. On paper Teversal looks good, it has a nearby pub (no local ales, sadly) and is close to a bus route to Chesterfield and Mansfield with connections to Nottingham and Derby. We are thinking of popping in for a couple of nights before/after the Kingsbury meet but won't bother if people think it not a suitable site.

Sue and I had two or three nights/days there, about 8 years ago, so the information may not be up to date.

It was a franchise then (and may still be) with a remarkably well-stocked shop that the locals used as a village store!

Good walking tracks on the extensive former mining land across the road, wiith one route (old railway line?) to Hardwick Hall, about an hour one-way.

The nearby pub was perfectly acceptable as I recall. We had an enjoyable meal in there, Sue being particularly impressed by the Pint of Prawns starter!

Long Eaton parkrun not too far away!
    Geoff

Comment

A glorified car park with really posh toilets and showers, best I’ve ever seen, here’s my review.

Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

brian The Snail We used to use Elm Cottage in Winsford, Cheshire, just 10 miles west of the M6 junction 18. Lovely site with a very good rally field. It changed owners about five years ago and we've only been there once since then, so this info may be out of date.
        We used it for Royale Club AGMs for ten years.

Comment

Thanks Folks - all very useful.

Graham I doubt the shortage of grass pitches will play much of a factor in a meet but the video was very useful and also a Youtube search revealed videos for other sites both by you and others - very handy.

Artoo0 but that pub is a bog-standard Greene King pub! Great to know Hardwick Hall is within striking range.

emmerson at the moment we are looking for meet locations rather than rallies. I don't really want the hassle of getting booking up front and collecting money. I do remember one meet run by one of my friends here on SMHF where my blood pressure would not have been well served by the behaviour and attitude of one member! Meets are much easier!

We are hoping to pop up there for a couple of days rekkie around Kingsbury time - hopefully will also get chance to overnight at a much better beer pub - The Arkwright Arms, Duckmanton.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianTheSnail View Post

emmerson at the moment we are looking for meet locations rather than rallies. I don't really want the hassle of getting booking up front and collecting money. I do remember one meet run by one of my friends here on SMHF where my blood pressure would not have been well served by the behaviour and attitude of one member! Meets are much easier!

I wouldn’t recommend organising any rally that requires money up front, no one wants the hassle of collecting money or paying yourself and trusting people to pay you back.

To be honest I wouldn’t be happy going to any rally or meet at the moment but then I think we are a little more paranoid (or is it sensible?) than most.

Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Graham just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they (or it) aren't out to get you!
              Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo0 View Post
                Graham just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they (or it) aren't out to get you!
                I’m doing my damnedest to make sure they or it don’t get me.
                Graham

Comment

Graham - rest assured Liz and I are looking for next year and possibly beyond. It might be nice to go somewhere a touch further N - we are happy to go anywhere provided we've got time to take a leisurely multi-stop trip en route. And yes, I think a rally is just a bit of a pain to organise, especially since the meets seem to be working well.

As for safety - I'm not too uncomfortable sitting outside well distanced from others (even more than 6 others) - got to be less risk than shopping say. It is an incredibly difficult balance to try not to become so isolated that you risk getting depressed but keep yourself as safe as you can. I know a lot of folks may think my recent pub visits high risk but we are incredibly conscious of the pub dynamics and wouldn't venture anywhere near anywhere that wasn't fairly empty and with good anti-virus precautions in place. We did do a supermarket shop in Shropshire and it was the most uncomfortable we've felt, purely because of the number of folks around (and the supermarket wasn't too busy!)

Comment

Originally posted by BrianTheSnail View Post
                    Thanks Folks - all very useful.

Graham I doubt the shortage of grass pitches will play much of a factor in a meet but the video was very useful and also a Youtube search revealed videos for other sites both by you and others - very handy.

Artoo0 but that pub is a bog-standard Greene King pub! Great to know Hardwick Hall is within striking range.

We are hoping to pop up there for a couple of days rekkie around Kingsbury time - hopefully will also get chance to overnight at a much better beer pub - The Arkwright Arms, Duckmanton.
                    Yes, Brian, just a slip of the keyboard. Of course, I meant meets.
                    I forgot to mention that there is a good food pub about 15 minutes walk away from Elm Cottage too.I can't remember what ales they serve, though.

Comment

BrianTheSnail As I say we are probably very paranoid but given that people at meets are coming together from all corners of the country and meeting up would really worry us.

It doesn’t really worry us that we aren’t physically seeing folk, we are quite happy in our own company and keeping in touch in other ways. Anyway that’s us, we don’t begrudge others their pleasure, I’ll shut up now and let this thread get back on topic.
                      Graham

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X