Beeches Farm Campsite - chepstow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beeches Farm Campsite - chepstow

a lovely site this on top of a hill in the wye valley. It's a bit of faff to get to but does mean it's quiet (although a huge motorhome turned up and played club music until 9pm.)
    You can walk down to tintern abbery through the forest which really is a delight.
    Toilets - it's the dreaded pound for a shower here. Which means i often refuse and her indoors cant wash her hair unless she has £2. Facilities were adequate.
    It's mainly laid to fields so can get quite boggy here. Also being on top of a hill it can be very wind swept.
    You can have firepits at a cost which they provide, and i think you have to use there wood as well. This proved entertaining for us and others on the field, although it proved hard to get going in the wind.
    3/5 although i wont be returning due to the noise, charge for showers and windy conditions.

I stayed here 2-3 yrs ago tenting. Yes it is a lovely site. But £1 for showers is a bit ????
    When I stayed I found their wood to be a bit damp. Since then I have always carried a couple of Fire Logs from Poundland, gets the fire going if woods damp.
    Another walk is down to Brockweir, the follow the old railway track to Old Tintern Station (cafe) then on to Tintern.
    Then cross the river on the old railway bridge, then a gentle climb back to site.
    When I stayed they weren't letting any cars on to the lower pitches as it was too wet.

Comment

HI Gulliver, a VW t4 camper did get stuck down the bottom.
      I stayed up near the toilet block. Just a shame a mammoth motorhome spoiled it by parking up by the front with their loud speakers!
      I forgot to add when I stayed it was in march - brrrrr!

Yes I hate paying for showers. It takes me about a minute to have a shower, and I often have two a day. So if we both used the shower that's £4.

Comment

not that i'm tight.... but me and the missus generally shower together on campsites and other places that charge cos it's cheaper

Comment

This is my patch and I bike-camp here most weeks, although not at Beeches. If you'd like another walk, follow the lane up from near-opposite the Abbey to Angiddy Ironworks. There's also parking for about 3 small vehicles - a good venue for a picnic.

Comment

You haven't said how much they charge for a pitch, and whether there are any EHUs? Both more important factors when trying to find a site for a weekend than whether they charge for showers.

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
              You haven't said how much they charge for a pitch, and whether there are any EHUs? Both more important factors when trying to find a site for a weekend than whether they charge for showers.
              http://beechesfarmcampsite.co.uk/rates---times.html

Comment

They have a few electric hookups on the top main field with one or two hard standings as i recall.
                The site was cheap £16 per night. - plus £4 for hookup.
                However after i had paid for a few showers it was pricey, I also bought wood for the fire pits they have.
                Better suited to tent camping than motorhomes i thought, especially as the nicer lower field was boggy.

Karen where is the walk, and where do you normally go? I used to like camping around here as my then girlfriend (now wife) used to live in Bristol and we used to meet up at Cheptsow to travel to site! Romance isn't dead eh!

Comment

Thank you Karen - but my point was that it was a review and these details should have been included; one shouldn't need to look at the site's website to filter them in or out on main criteria like that.

I wouldn't say £16 + £4 for EHU was cheap, and to charge that and then for showers as well!

Comment

I think that was my problem! i thought it was cheap but then it wasn't.
                    nb the t4 was pulled out by the farmers tractor!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X