Fforest Fields Builth Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fforest Fields Builth Wells

This camp site has had a lot of hype on Social Media sites, so I thought I would give it a try.
    The site is situated about 4 miles east of Builth Wells. It is well signed on the main road and access is about 1/4 mile down a somewhat bumpy track
    On arriving I checked in at reception, which is also the shop which sells basic items and logs.
    Also here are the facilities.

After checking in I was told I could pitch anywhere I wanted
    The site is in two half's, the pitches which circle around the facilities block are what I would call manicured. Most of the motor homes and tin tents were here, I chose not to camp here as it wasn't my thing.
    The other half is the sports field, this is huge (maybe 5-6 acres) and has views of the hills. I chose a quiet spot away from what I hoped was the noisy end.
    My spot had stone chipping hard standings and 10 amp EHU (I think 16 amp is available on the other part.)

Pitch sizes are quite big in the field but the manicured side they looked smaller.
    I chose to spread out a bit and pitched the awning in the grass and the tarp on the hard standing so I could put my fire bowl there and not burn the grass. The van went in between.

The facilities are housed in a modern U shaped block which has under floor heating in the showers / loo's. Also free hair dryer in gents loo. I assume ladies have one as well.
    Wash up / fridge - freezers in a room at the rear. Here you will also find free a phone charging station with small lockers to keep your phone secure while being charged..
    Also there is a drying room for your wet clothes should it rain.

There is also a cafe but I didn't see it open. Maybe the time of year.

Logs and kindling are available from the shop £5 & £3 a bag. I think you can hire fire pits as well.

Local shops are in Bulth but if you need a big Tesco then Llandridnod Wells is about 7 miles away.

Negatives of site

None really.
    Pitch fee's are a bit pricey for me but you do get a lot for your money but......
    £12 pitch
    £3 adult
    £4 UHU
    £19 pn going solo -15% for over 65s

I was a bit disappointed with the manicured part as it has a couple if streams running through it with little bridges over them but the streams were overgrown with weeds and nettles.
    On the plus side to this the grass on the pitches and field was cut short and all the clippings picked up. So you weren't tracking cut grass everywhere.

The site while I was there was quiet at night but in peak season it might be different.

A lot of thought has gone into making this site what it is.
    Would I go back? yes but not in the main season, it would be too busy.

https://fforestfields.co.uk/about/ff...ces-2017-2018/

every time I go to Builth wells it's freezing! Always seems full of people from big cities though so must be doing something right.

Comment

It was a tad cold Sat morning.

Comment