caravan serial nubers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caravan serial nubers.

How can you transulate caravan serial numbers please. Do the numbers give you date of manufacture etc., etc., The Romini Caravan's numbers are on the door frame, thanks to jonee4 who informed me where to look. Thanks jonee4.
    seagrub.
    Attached Files

For caravans built from 1960 - 1991 inclusive, the build number is shown as the last two digits and the month of manufacture is given by the centre two digits. The year of manufacture is coded, but can be quickly worked out by deducting the last digit of the serial number from the number which is made up of the first two digits at the front of the serial number.

Take for instance number 860979. This would be build number 79 (last two digits) built in September (middle two digits) 1977 (first two digits 86 minus the last digit 9 = 77).

It is important to stress this gives the approximate date of manufacture and not necessarily the model year.

Sometimes it's the first two digits that give you the year of manufacture - mine starts with 82----- so its a 1982 model.

Comment

Many thanks

Many thanks jayjay, I will study your info, Best to you and yours. seagrub

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X