Right, next thing to be sorted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, next thing to be sorted!

Who was it that said caravanning is a way to get a cheap holiday from an expensive hobby?

Here I go again....

Just ordered

A Whale flipper pump tap, 2m length of food quality water hose and a Fiamma fresh water roll tank. Another £80 approx - ker-ching!

getting extremely fed up with present water system (non existant actually) and lugging 5litre bottles of water around isn't good for bad backs. So it's about time I did something about it! It was ok for a few days at Wolverley, but after a whole week away it became very tiring!

So I've worked out a water system that works a bit like a beer pump as I don't want to wire in a 12v thingy. The only thing I need to find out is how I prevent dust/ants, etc., getting into the water tank. Anyone got any (cheap) ideas?
    Last edited by jayjay; 03-07-2010, 10:59.

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
    Who was it that said caravanning is a way to get a cheap holiday from an expensive hobby?

Here I go again....

Just ordered

A Whale flipper pump tap, 2m length of food quality water hose and a Fiamma fresh water roll tank. Another £80 approx - ker-ching!

getting extremely fed up with present water system (non existant actually) and lugging 5litre bottles of water around isn't good for bad backs. So it's about time I did something about it! It was ok for a few days at Wolverley, but after a whole week away it became very tiring!

So I've worked out a water system that works a bit like a beer pump as I don't want to wire in a 12v thingy. The only thing I need to find out is how I prevent dust/ants, etc., getting into the water tank. Anyone got any (cheap) ideas?
    Hello Jackie

Dacron Fleece, you can get it at pet shops, it doesnt rot and will plug holes, ants dont eat it and it doesnt produce fibres like cotton wool, and its washable

Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

A very good suggestion, Ian! Thanks!

I was going down the 'sculpting something out of polystyrene' Blue Peter style, but that sounds easier!

With any luck, there might be an attachment on the water carrier when it arrives.

I know you can buy rubber caps for the immersion pumps, but they're not cheap!

Comment

There is an attachment on the water carrier! The pipe just fits down into it through a small opening.

Now I have to wait for 'the man' to come and cut the holes needed - one at the top to site the tap, and one thru the bottom so that the pipe goes through into the tank. I would have a go myself but having never used hole cutters I don't want to do it wrong, so am watching and learning this time!
        Last edited by jayjay; 09-07-2010, 13:51.

Comment

Update - all is now fitted and I have running water! YaY

Good job I didn't try it myself - it was a lot more complicated to fit than I'd thought. My ex-hubby did a fantastic job though.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X