Now to tackle the drive....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now to tackle the drive....

And this is the last major expense of the year, I sincerely hope so anyway!

The Mr Shifta works great, and so does the pneumatic jockey wheel, except they dig into the drive, which is a softish shale surface and it's very hard work trying to get the caravan, light as it is, back where it's supposed to go. It's not a problem getting it out, but getting it back onto the drive is pretty hard. Both myself and Linda have both now sustained injuries trying to get it back there ourselves. That lead to the purchase of the Mr shifta and jockey wheel...

So now I have to put a flagged 'pathway' into the surface of the drive for the Shifta and jockey wheel to run on. The actual caravan wheels are ok and cope with the surface without any trouble, so I don't need to worry about those. I can't afford to flag the whole drive, so it's a case of making do until such a time comes (like when I win the lottery, LOL!!)

Below are two pics - the first is demonstrating how the path should be placed so that I can get the caravan back into place. The second is the part finished pathway, put in by nephew and mate yesterday. I don't think it's going to work as the path is too near to the hedge, so I think some more flags are called for....

They will be coming next Saturday to finish, so you never know. If this doesn't work, I give up.

Been playing about with an editing prog on this - below is the path which I think the caravan will have to take to be put onto the drive from the road! Scuse the wobbly lines! LOL

Comment

Further thoughts... I think I will have to get the caravan out, then back onto the drive to demonstrate to the lads where the flags need to go! I think that will be the best way as I think they are having difficulty in visualising this movement. I am as well, I've only been out in it twice so far!

Comment

You are such an innovator and ideas person Jayjay, I keep expecting to see you on Dragon's Den!

Comment

Hi Flo! Yes I like solving problems! Although I wish they didn't come my way as often as they do! LOL!!

Next prob - urrrggghhh..... and I thought the above would be the last, but now one of the stays which opens and 'pops' the roof is refusing to do its job and has sort of seized up. Will post a pic later, really don't have a clue how to solve that one! I'm hoping it's just the way the van is parked at the moment and will 'unseize' when I move it... but I'm not hopeful.

Comment

Now to tackle the drive

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            And this is the last major expense of the year, I sincerely hope so anyway!

The Mr Shifta works great, and so does the pneumatic jockey wheel, except they dig into the drive, which is a softish shale surface and it's very hard work trying to get the caravan, light as it is, back where it's supposed to go. It's not a problem getting it out, but getting it back onto the drive is pretty hard. Both myself and Linda have both now sustained injuries trying to get it back there ourselves. That lead to the purchase of the Mr shifta and jockey wheel...

So now I have to put a flagged 'pathway' into the surface of the drive for the Shifta and jockey wheel to run on. The actual caravan wheels are ok and cope with the surface without any trouble, so I don't need to worry about those. I can't afford to flag the whole drive, so it's a case of making do until such a time comes (like when I win the lottery, LOL!!)

Below are two pics - the first is demonstrating how the path should be placed so that I can get the caravan back into place. The second is the part finished pathway, put in by nephew and mate yesterday. I don't think it's going to work as the path is too near to the hedge, so I think some more flags are called for....

They will be coming next Saturday to finish, so you never know. If this doesn't work, I give up.
            and I thought I had problems siting my little van. at least I can push it up the drive swing it around and then push onto my side garden(which is gravel and hopeless with a jockey wheel). so I grabbed some spare round flags from the back garden(I gave 16 flags to my next door neighbour last year, who knew I would need them) and made a temporary stand. At least my next door neighbour supplied the wopping great concrete flag the jockey wheel rests on. I must get some proper flags laid(back permitting).At least laying flags is cheaper than putting the van in storage. Pam

Comment

now to tackle the drive

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
              and I thought I had problems siting my little van. at least I can push it up the drive swing it around and then push onto my side garden(which is gravel and hopeless with a jockey wheel). so I grabbed some spare round flags from the back garden(I gave 16 flags to my next door neighbour last year, who knew I would need them) and made a temporary stand. At least my next door neighbour supplied the wopping great concrete flag the jockey wheel rests on. I must get some proper flags laid(back permitting).At least laying flags is cheaper than putting the van in storage. Pam
              Sorry jayjay have I knocked your picture off by putting mine in. don't know how to correct that. Pam

Comment

Oh it doesn't matter - the drive is now finished (sort of) and it works with the Mr Shifta.... Your drive looks better though, Pam! Well done for thinking of that! I've got some of those round ones in my back garden...hmmmmnnnn.......

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X