X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pam's grill

Pics of the grill/ burner. for Jim

Hi Pam,
    That is almost certainly an Explorer hob/grill. It would originally have had "Explorer" on the right hand side front with full and simmer markings around the knobs. Over the years, cleaning inevitably makes them disappear if only in part.
    I have re-attached the photo of mine posted elsewhere for a comparison. Bluenote 47 has also posted pictures of the one she kindly let me have for the cost of postage (in the posting "explorer grill). The photo of mine is from when the grill was absent. I have retained my original front panel as the more presentable of the two with the hob re-instated.
    Jim.

P.S. I have hit a snag! The Forum keeps telling me "you have already posted this picture in "Explorer Grill". It will not accept a repeat! Sorry.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
      P.S. I have hit a snag! The Forum keeps telling me "you have already posted this picture in "Explorer Grill". It will not accept a repeat! Sorry.

Try renaming the image you are trying to post, I think thats how I fooled the system when I had a similar thing happen!!
      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
        Try renaming the image you are trying to post, I think thats how I fooled the system when I had a similar thing happen!!
        Thanks Glen. I did do that. It was the only file in the folder and was labelled simply 001. I changed it to 002, with the same result!
        Jim.

Comment

Change it to 'grill'! It does work, have do it myself, you just need a completely different name.

It's the same one I had in my little Bedford Rascal Romahome as well!

Comment

Well, if Jim can't post it again, I should be able to post it for him!!

This is Jims explorer hob.
            Attached Files
            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

The reason you can't post the same picture twice is because the settings of the forum have been set that way (we think to save space), when we get back home we will have look at how to change it as it shouldn't be a problem on here.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                Thanks Glen. I did do that. It was the only file in the folder and was labelled simply 001. I changed it to 002, with the same result!
                Jim.
                I'll try the same!!

He's right you know!!!!!! I've tried re-numbering it, re-naming it completely and even making a copy with all personal detail removed and still it won't let me post the photo again!!

Ha-ha. I foiled it!! I will not let a computer beat me!!!

I opened the photo in 'paint' changed the colour of one pixel, saved it, and hey presto.....

No doubt soome techie will be along soon and say, if you just did this blah blah blah..... but still, I did it!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Graham, you posted whilst I was messing. should I remove my cunning way of reposting the same photo????

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
                    Sorry Graham, you posted whilst I was messing. should I remove my cunning way of reposting the same photo????
                    No there is no need Glen, as I say I don't think it will be a problem on this forum its only for the really big forums with thousands of members.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                      No there is no need Glen, as I say I don't think it will be a problem on this forum its only for the really big forums with thousands of members.

Ok i'll leave it on. I have realised that the image I posted is very small so I have reposted it again(hopefully) which should come up bigger when clicked, so Pam can actually use it to compare with hers.

Sorry for hijacking your thread a bit Pam

Comment

I've changed it now rather than waiting till we get home (when I will probably forget!) so you should now be able to post the same pic more than once.

Comment

I think I'm the one who's sorry! I now see how grotty my old grill looks perched over an equally grotty door!
                          But honestly, the grill base has been painted and and the rest cleaned while dismantled. Then I replaced the grotty bit on my door on Monday with "iron on" edging.
                          Why has Pam's Romini got a rounded edge door (nicer colour too) while mine is square? Is that where the different model numbers come in!?
                          Jim.

P.S. I think I should have added "and for my next trick.............. Graham!"
                          Last edited by Twolitre; 11-08-2010, 17:47.

Comment

Pam's grill

All the doors in my van are pine with rounded edges. I changed the carpet and reupholstered the seats.

Comment

Very nice too!!
                              It makes mine look very much the "bachelor Pad"! Well Widower anyway.
                              You are starting to make me jealous, Pam.
                              Jim.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X