Pam's seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pam's seats

I'm jumping around here but does anyone have problems with their seat ending up on the floor in transit. when I re upholstered the seats I did not put back on the long wooden bar underneath the seats which stopped them sliding. I just put some adhesive velcro in the front corner of the seats. But I thought maybe those little plastic blocks which you can screw into the wood underneath the seats. It will stop the seats moving forward and all I'll have to do is push the seat right back and move the back rests into the middle when I want to make up the bed(does that make sense).Any other ideas. Pam

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
    I'm jumping around here but does anyone have problems with their seat ending up on the floor in transit. when I re upholstered the seats I did not put back on the long wooden bar underneath the seats which stopped them sliding. I just put some adhesive velcro in the front corner of the seats. But I thought maybe those little plastic blocks which you can screw into the wood underneath the seats. It will stop the seats moving forward and all I'll have to do is push the seat right back and move the back rests into the middle when I want to make up the bed(does that make sense).Any other ideas. Pam
    Using the backrests in the middle may not be a good idea,they will be supported only at the ends and can bend and crack across the middle,the seats are broad enough that they are supported at each end AND also along their length,preventing bending,and when the slender backrests are used at the back they are also supported along their length.The wooden bars you removed help to prevent bending and cracking leading to collapse - -How do I know? I made the same mistake in my C15 and broke the backrest in two.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian.C.S; 11-08-2010, 19:14.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

If you try to use the seat cushions in the centre it makes a hump in the bed. It may be possible to swap left to right when making the bed, but too troublesome to try (for me anyway). I always use the backrests in the middle. They have stout backing boards and I have had no problems.
      On my first outing with my Romini I was visited by another Romini owner from another part of the site. He told me I did not have my seats installed properly and pointed out that the wooden bar under the seat allowed it to slide forward for a reason.
      There is a ledge formed in the base below the Window each side and the backrest should only be pushed back to that ledge (not vertical). The seat cushion then drops in with the bar keeping it in position.
      I anyone does not know this - try it! It gives the most comfortable caravan seating I have ever come across. If you do know I apologise for thinking there may be others as ignorant as me!
      By the way, the cushions should be used with the wooden bars nearest to the centre of the van. Then they WILL slide back to the windows for making the bed.
      Jim.
      Last edited by Twolitre; 11-08-2010, 20:24.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
        Using the backrests in the middle may not be a good idea,they will be supported only at the ends and can bend and crack across the middle,the seats are broad enough that they are supported at each end AND also along their length,preventing bending,and when the slender backrests are used at the back they are also supported along their length.The wooden bars you removed help to prevent bending and cracking leading to collapse - -How do I know? I made the same mistake in my C15 and broke the backrest in two.

Ian
        Looking back at this quote I cannot understand "they will be supported only at the ends". In my van they rest on the (lowered) table, which I always place so that any overhang (which is very small) is equal at each end. The backrest (which has a solid back) could only fracture if I sat right on the end. NO! Even with my weight I would have to JUMP on the end! The rest of the backrest is supported by the table.
        I think probably the C15 is differently set up to the Romini.
        Jim.
        Last edited by Twolitre; 11-08-2010, 20:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
          Looking back at this quote I cannot understand "they will be supported only at the ends". In my van they rest on the (lowered) table, which I always place so that any overhang (which is very small) is equal at each end. The backrest (which has a solid back) could only fracture if I sat right on the end. NO! Even with my weight I would have to JUMP on the end! The rest of the backrest is supported by the table.
          I think probably the C15 is differently set up to the Romini.
          Jim.
          I guess you are right Jim, I didnt know the romini was so different.
          Ian
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Pam,
            As requested in your PM here are photo's of the seats. Where they are disturbed they are shown on the correct side of the van. The ledge mentioned is shown and the old hob cover is included to illustrate the backrest location. The slope of the backrest in place can be readily seen. I notice that the seat cushions on mine protrude further into the centre. Probably because you push them right back.
            The other pic's are general to show the differences between your interior and mine. Probably due to decor updates year by year. I also include one of my newly renovated and re-installed hob.
            It seem five pic's are all we are allowed. I will put the rest in the next post.
            Regards, Jim.

Comment

And here are the rest.
              Jim.

Comment

Pam's seats

The inside of the van looks great. The upholstery look original. The bar under the seats is not as long as the ones which were on my seats. They ran nearly the whole length. I see that you have holes in the arm rests. Mine don't and I also noticed you have a zig unit. My electrics were updated but I don't have a zig unit. Don't know whether it's worth getting on fitted. we appear to have the same window stays(even though mine don't work. But I have 2 window catches to each window. what year was yours made. Mine was 1986. Pam

Comment

Hi Pam,
                  Mine appears to be 1988 from the hinge markings.
                  I'm glad I've got a Zig Unit! WHAT is a Zig Unit??
                  Jim.
                  P.S. I hope the pic's answered your questions.

Comment

Is that a new knob I spied on your cooker photo Jim (Twolitre)? Is your grill up and running now? Alison

Comment

zig unit

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                      Hi Pam,
                      Mine appears to be 1988 from the hinge markings.
                      I'm glad I've got a Zig Unit! WHAT is a Zig Unit??
                      Jim.
                      P.S. I hope the pic's answered your questions.
                      the zig unit is the brown panel on the front of your sink. well that's what it looks like. It may have a different name. Pam

Comment

Romini seats.

I had the same trouble but solved same with very heavy duty 'VELCRO' seat base & seat back, no problems at all now!
                        Keep the Romini Rolling.
                        Best to all. seagrub.

p.s. 2" wide velcro with 12" strips.

Comment

Originally posted by bluenote47 View Post
                          Is that a new knob I spied on your cooker photo Jim (Twolitre)? Is your grill up and running now? Alison
                          That knob in the middle (and the hob) is yours Alison. Though the re-painted base, front panel and lid are from my old one. The front panel was a toss up! Mine with the stainless blanking plate replaced to cover the pop rivet holes, or yours with less distinct markings.
                          Anyway it looks OK and works fine thanks Alison.
                          Regards, Jim.
                          P.S. I have offered Pam the remains or parts left over if they are any good to her. On the same terms you offered me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
                            the zig unit is the brown panel on the front of your sink. well that's what it looks like. It may have a different name. Pam
                            Ah well!!! My education will never be complete!
                            Jim.

Comment

Pam seats

Originally posted by seagrub View Post
                              I had the same trouble but solved same with very heavy duty 'VELCRO' seat base & seat back, no problems at all now!
                              Keep the Romini Rolling.
                              Best to all. seagrub.

p.s. 2" wide velcro with 12" strips.
                              I used the 2" velcro which stuck great to the fibreglass but because I have the back of the seats covered in a felt like material everytime i lifted the seat the velcro came away. So I've just been and fitted 4 plastic blocks( I think you use them to joint kitchen units together etc) .They stop the seat from coming forward. Pam

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X