Winterising a caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterising a caravan

Since this is my first winter with the Romini. Just asking for some advice about winterising the van. I have taken out the gas bottle, but the battery is still in the van. I know that it should be charged regularly if it is not in use, so I bought a battery charger. However the charger states that recommended only to charge to 75Ah. My battery is 85Ah. So I don't think I can charge that way. Is it ok to connect to mains electric and leave it on all day?

Pam

Hi Pam, yes, that's what I used to do before I had a 'smart' charger installed. Just an ordinary charger, leave on trickle charge overnight if poss.

Used to do the same with my little campervan battery when stood over winter. However, I used to go out for a spin in that every so often, so the split relay usually sorted it out.

The smart charger still needs plugging into the EHU, just got it for extended trips away to charge up when on site and on EHU. Permanently connected to the battery terminals and to charge at home, I simply plug in the EHU lead and connect the charger leads to a 3pin plug inside the caravan.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
    Working...
    X