As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save a pitch for us Zaphod, we're coming to join you!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save a pitch for us Zaphod, we're coming to join you!!!

So our flirtation with motorhoming is coming to an end, we have decided to sell up and join Zaphod and friends - we are going to be tin tent tuggers.

Several factors came together to help us make this decision but the main factor was the impending change in our shift patterns at work. We will no longer have the chance to take regular weekends away so the motorhome will be sitting on the drive for 8 weeks at a time.

So today we have put a deposit on a coachman festival 570. We collect it in a months time. In the mean time our motorhome is on the market, an ad. will be appearing on a friendly forum near you soon!
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Goodness gracious!!! What's happening to the world!! At this rate we'll have to start a caravan forum.

Hope you stay with us Glen, we'd hate to lose you.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Course we'll stick around Graham - it will cost you to get rid of us!!
      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

I'm sticking around, too. You won't get rid of me that easily. Plus I have the campervan site and forum to look after!
        Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

I never thought you and Claire would go over to the dark side, Glen!!

My reason for getting a tin tent was similar, I couldn't go away too often and in the meanwhile, taxing/insuring etc. two vehicles was simply too expensive. Seemed silly to have a Roma on the drive just gathering dust.

Apart from that and the fact that I love my little Kip caravan, I still miss the Roma for just... going. That 'Just drive it off the drive and go' thing. I find hitching up a lot harder and tend to think twice about just going away for long weekends, whereas I wouldn't have with the Roma. And days out in a car with a flask just isn't the same.

However, there are plus sides to having a tin tent as well. It's lovely not to have to pack everything away to go out for the day and simply lock up the 'van and go in the car!

Looking forward to seeing photos of your new outfit!

If I had pots of money I'd have both!! LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by zaphod View Post
            I'm sticking around, too. You won't get rid of me that easily. Plus I have the campervan site and forum to look after!

Glad to hear you are sticking around too Chris, we don't want to lose anyone and the more tin tenters we have the more will want to join, so its win win.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Less than a week to go and we are now no longer motorhome owners, we have just sold to a lovely couple from Leeds, they are collecting it later in the week. Glad to have sold, especially as it seems to be going to a good home rather than a dealer but tinged with sadness and with that little nagging voice saying.....YOU'VE BOUGHT A CARAVAN!?!?!?!?

Still, at least now the neighbours won't think we are secretly part of the travelling community, our driveway was going to start looking that way with a motorhome, caravan and 2 cars parked up!

Comment

It's that bitter-sweet moment. We had that when we had old van (C15 Hylo) and new van (Outlook) and 2 cars. I didn't want to sell the old van, but couldn't really justify having two. The front of our house looked like a car park!

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
                  and with that little nagging voice saying.....YOU'VE BOUGHT A CARAVAN!?!?!?!?
                  That's no way to talk about Claire.
                  Graham

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
                    Less than a week to go and we are now no longer motorhome owners, we have just sold to a lovely couple from Leeds, they are collecting it later in the week. Glad to have sold, especially as it seems to be going to a good home rather than a dealer but tinged with sadness and with that little nagging voice saying.....YOU'VE BOUGHT A CARAVAN!?!?!?!?

Still, at least now the neighbours won't think we are secretly part of the travelling community, our driveway was going to start looking that way with a motorhome, caravan and 2 cars parked up!

Well, until recently we had 4 cars, the Bambi, the Caravan and a motorbike in the fleet, and so things have been a little more crowded. Admittedly one of the fleet is a 39 years old show car, 12,000 (twelve thousand) miles on the clock, which we'll keep forever.

One of the cars has been sold, and the caravan lives in secure storage, until we need her. Another car will go in due course, as Mrs Zap would like a smart car, and the Bambi will be up for sale, shortly, too.

The caravan has done us proud on our first trip. We feel like Lord and Lady Muck, and our dogs love it, too.
                    Last edited by zaphod; 14-04-2011, 20:34.
                    Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

We are now motorhomeless roll on tuesday

Comment

Today was the day we picked up our new caravan! At 5pm we were given a guided tour then it was hitched to the car for us and we were off!:so happy:
                        We have discovered a problem though, it seems we have a binding brake, one of the drums is too hot to touch, the other is stone cold. It was too later to do anything tonight, the dealer was virtually closing their gates as we left, so they'll be getting an early morning phone call.
                        It has taken away a little of the sparkle but it still looks great! hopefully the brake will be sorted asap, we are hoping for a night or 2 away soon.

Comment

I am sure you will all be very happy in your caravan. I am with Jayjay and would have one of each if I was rich, but would have to pay someone to tow a van as I could not do that.

I wish someone would design a vehicle that had an integral caravan attachment so it could be used as an everyday car but with a caravan attached but with an easier to drive towing system. I don't mean a demountable but along those lines.

Comment

Think I just found the answer, no more towing and a car to go sightseeing in. Just have to organise a ground floor bed!!

http://www.tuvie.com/colim-concept-a...aravan-camper/

Comment

Glad to hear you got your new caravan, but AWWW nooooo! that's a nuisance, Glen. I've no idea what happens to free the brake off in this case. I suspect that greasing the nipples on the hitch (scuse the turn of phrase) with a grease gun is the answer.

You'll have to let us know how it gets fixed as I'd like to know myself.

It's only a temporary and irritating setback though, So I hope you, Claire and little Evie are soon on your way to somewhere nice!

Flo, I know exactly where you are on that one. What we would like is a caravan with a detachable car, but easier than the hitch/tow ball method that we presently have. I wonder when the caravan/motorhome makers will come up with a hybrid like that? LOL!

A caravan with four spaced wheels (like some horse trailers have) would be better than the two wheels plus hitch. At least you'd know where it was going when reversing!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X