Big day, tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big day, tomorrow!

Picking up the caravan. Hope we get home in one piece!
    Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Originally posted by zaphod View Post
    Picking up the caravan. Hope we get home in one piece!
    Wow, good luck Chris. Where are you off to for your first trip?
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      Wow, good luck Chris. Where are you off to for your first trip?
      Home from the vendor in Salisbury, then planning an off in the next few weeks, to one of our favourite sites in Taunton.

Comment

Good luck, I've got a similar journey coming up - 18 days and counting!
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Welcome to the world on tin tent tuggers!

Good luck with your journey home, I hope all goes well with that and also the planned trip later!

Comment

Got home safe and sound, this evening. We are arranging storage in the next few days.

Salient lesson learned, though.

An elderly gent and his wife (I hope they aren't members, here!), picked up their son's new caravan just before us. They were rummaging in the camping shop before us. While we were doing the paperwork on our caravan, a head appeared around the door.

'Can you help us? The caravan has come adrift on the roundabout.'

I asked if anyone was hurt, as I am a First Aider, but there were no injuries, or others involved in the incident.

One of the chaps from the workshop who was going to show us the bits and bobs of our caravan, dashed out to assist, with apologies, but I said not to worry, and take his time.

The dropped van came back, fairly badly damaged, offside front - the elderly gent, an experienced tin-tent lugger, had not hitched the van up properly, by all accounts. It had travelled about 150 yards.

I would not like to be the said gentleman's son, this evening.

Comment

Oh dear, what a terrible thing to happen for them and with someone else's van too!

Glad to hear there were no injuries and you didn't have to put your first aid knowledge into practice.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Glad to hear there were no injuries and you didn't have to put your first aid knowledge into practice
                Yes, that was a huge relief, I must say.

Comment

Glad you got home ok. Big difference between tin tugging and driving a small motorhome!

Its easy enough to check that all is hitched up ok, caravan places usually check themselves that a van is hitched correctly, just to make sure. Glad no-one was hurt though.

Comment

Here we are! 2 feet longer than we thought, and so won't fit on the drive. Now securely stored.

Comment

Wow! That's a lovely looking unit! Mine would probably fit twice over inside it! LOL... Enjoy!

Comment

Nice looking caravan Chris, it's shame you've got to pay for storage though, can't you get a chain saw out and hack the back off?

Enjoy your new van, hope you are making the most of this lovely weather this weekend.
                        Graham

Comment

But the ideal thing about storage is that its not so obvious when the house is empty because they don't see the caravan missing as its never been there and you get discounted insurance if you use the right storage sites
                          A dog is for life, for loving and forever, and x3 is even better :)

Comment

Lovely van! But if my Romini is a "tin tent", I reckon you have a "Tin Marquee" there!
                            Jim.
                            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Kipsy View Post
                              But the ideal thing about storage is that its not so obvious when the house is empty because they don't see the caravan missing as its never been there and you get discounted insurance if you use the right storage sites
                              I agree with you on that one. It's very obvious when I go away in mine. Luckily when my mate comes with me she leaves her car on my drive. when I go away alone, it's really obvious, but I'm hoping one of my neighbours will park their car on my drive while I'm away, still got to ask him yet.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X