A most peculiar caravan!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A most peculiar caravan!

This came up in an Ebay search this morning!

We even have it's very rare spare wheel. Very rare. We think it dates from the late 1940s to 1950s. It's in very good original condition. Towes very well. Very solid. All original interior even the seats are untouched. | eBay!

Interesting - more a pop-top than a folder. You would need a classic car to tow it!
    jon
    Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

Just found another - this is pretty wowee! I would love to own this one!

I built her 3 years ago & she always causes a stir on site. The fold out back reveals a shower, toilet, fridge, (12v, mains & gas), electric water with stainless sink & drainer, double hob & grill. There is loads of storage with both 12v & 240v sockets. | eBay!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
        This came up in an Ebay search this morning!
        This one's been on eBay quite a few times without being sold. They are not all that rare, have seen a few at shows.
        Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Just found another - this is pretty wowee! I would love to own this one!

This is superb, love it.

Comment

Just found another - this is pretty wowee!
            I am impressed by the slideout! 680kg sounds quite light, how does that compare to an unmodified caravan of that size?

Comment

I like it as well, not seen one before.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Misted View Post

I am impressed by the slideout! 680kg sounds quite light, how does that compare to an unmodified caravan of that size?
                Well mine is tiny, with a pop top roof and no side out and no bathroom. 450kg unladen, 650 laden. My sisters caravan, with a bathroom, etc., is still classed as lightweight at around 1100kg unladen. 680kg is light for a caravan with that extra side out... I wonder how easy it is to set up though.

Pam I don't think there's more than one, by the description it sounds like the owner has made it himself. I wonder if he is going to go into business making them?

Comment

Here's another Most Peculiar Caravan, this time a converted boat! Love it!

This was originally built to be used as a boat. The guy who I bought it from then decided to secure it to a trailer and use it as a caravan. It really is brilliant! It was bought by myself to use with my family, however we are far too busy and have another 5 berth caravan, so this isn't needed. | eBay!

Comment

Here's another Most Peculiar Caravan, this time a converted boat! Love it!
                    Quirky or what! Not sure about the safety of having the gas bottle in with the battery?
                    Cynthia

Comment

My gas bottle is in with the battery in the front locker, Cynthia. Always has been, by the look of it as well! I've re-arranged it so that the gas is to one side and the battery is a long way off at the other side. I did section the front locker into two compartments at one point, but it didn't work. A lot of the older caravans have the battery in with the gas bottle...my caravan is a 1982 vintage!

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post

Quirky or what! Not sure about the safety of having the gas bottle in with the battery?
                        Cynthia
                        Folding campers and trailer tents nearly always have the gas bottle in with the battery in a front locker, even the new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B View Post

Folding campers and trailer tents nearly always have the gas bottle in with the battery in a front locker, even the new ones.
                          I didn't know that, Rob! I've heard of people using a special battery box (especially with conversions). I did look into buying one of these, but that won't fit either!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X