Smallest Caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallest Caravan

I have just seen a Caravan on AOL news page. It is designed to be towed behind a mobility scooter ! It costs over 5K and it consists of a bed and thats about all. It is legally allowed to go where mobility scooters can go so pavements, supermarkets etc. I cant wait to see one in my local Sainsburys.

It's here - also reported in the Telegraph!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...t-caravan.html

Can't see it catching on. Maybe if you had it hitched to a small car it would be better, but how far are you going to go to get to a campsite? My mobility scooter had a 4mph speed (without towing what, for the battery, would be a heavy weight) and could go approx 16 miles, not that I ever tried it. Mobility sccoters are ok for a quick trip to the shops, and that's about it.

I had one for a while, I found it was just as bumpy on the pavement as on the roads and still jarred my spine. I was better off walking, so I sold it again.

God help the pedestrians if this catches on!

Comment

I think it said it was designed to be towed at 6 mph ! We have enough problems with mobility scooters here, just imagine one of these on the pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
        I think it said it was designed to be towed at 6 mph ! We have enough problems with mobility scooters here, just imagine one of these on the pavement.
        I was thinking the same thing! And taking it around a busy supermarket???

And where are you going to plug in the EHU?

If you ask me, I'd say that is as useful as a chocolate teapot. Can you see a disabled person crawling in and out? no, neither can I...

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
          I was thinking the same thing! And taking it around a busy supermarket???

And where are you going to plug in the EHU?

If you ask me, I'd say that is as useful as a chocolate teapot. Can you see a disabled person crawling in and out? no, neither can I...
          And where are you going to plug in the EHU? Next to the sausages and tea bags of course!
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

OH I got mixed up (normal) and I think I posted a comment which should have been here in "Tiny Caravan".
            Don't know how to move it!
            Jim.
            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
              Just think about the people who have the "problems" in the first place who have to use the scooters on pavements as they are not used to the Queens highway.I use mine on the pavement because where i live their are more street racers who dont give a rats a** who they push off the roads where it safer for all concerened pedestrians included rant over

Comment

I dont know where you live Wanderer but here in Colchester we have big problems as most of the shops have A boards outside which does not leave a lot of room for pedestrians. The local council can do nothing about it as its a County Council problem and they do nothing. We have had quite a few people injured by riders of mobility scooters , one old chap was in hospital for 10 weeks with his injuries. With no insurance , it make it impossible to claim for damages. I sympathise with people who are dependant on the scooters but I just wish there was some training & insurance in place. Here in Colchester we have a mobility hire place where a person can go & hire a mobility scooter to use around town. They have no experience & just the very basic training, then they are off. They had to put barriers up near the mobility hire place as one old guy actually drove into the road, straight off the kerb onto a dual carriagway. Quite scarey really.

Comment

Hi Pendel

Hi Pendel, i live in Glasgow like it says on top right :so happy: i know what you mean about the advertising boards,when the wind gets up up here they fly all around the place usual weather here

We too have a place that hire`s them out but they have been regulated to 4MPH not unlike the speeds of the ones in supermarkets,some people do not realise the weight plus themelves when they are on them traviling on a down ward slope you gain more momentum which gives them less stopping time/distance,maybe if they came with kiddies reigns/harness or a push/pull bar then the pavements will be a safer place for those that are more mobile to get on with there daily lives.

Billy

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X