No announcement yet.

'New' Bailey Makes its Debut!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have had two Italian vans, a Roller Team and a Mobilvetta, both were well built and we never had any issues with either of them. If only we could say the same about our latest acquisition, an Elddis Majestic, it has been nothing but trouble from the moment we got it. The build quality is certainly inferior to either of the Italian vans so I would have no worries about Hymer taking over Elddis, in fact, I think Lego would even be better. I have the feeling that our acquaintanceship with this van is going to be of pretty short duration.
    Janet

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Janet. GeeCee

Comment

Originally posted by The Sitter View Post
        in fact, I think Lego would even be better. I have the feeling that our acquaintanceship with this van is going to be of pretty short duration.
        Janet
        Here you are Janet,
        https://www.wired.com/2011/09/the-le...ur-wanderlust/

Lego-T1-Camper-Van-2.jpg
        Jon
        Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori
        https://smallromahome2oldies1largedog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Well, the Bailey is back! Leak-tested and apparently fixed. ..Strangely, I was not given a copy of the work sheet but as long as I don't end up standing in a large puddle when I pump water through the system i'm not bothered. The work was carried out under warranty so didn't cost me a penny. I think I will book myself into a local CS for a few days just to make sure I'm not faced with any other unexpected caravan-ruining disasters, before heading off for Kingsbury Park in about a months time. After two rather drastic cases of water-where-it-shouldn't-be I am not feeling as confident about setting off for a caravan holiday as I usually am, especially as disasters tend to come it threes!
          Cynthia.

Comment

Glad it's back and fixed, Cynthia! I would have to test it for myself, just to see if they had done the job properly!

It's a good idea to go somewhere local for a few days, just to see what's what. Sis and myself did exactly the same when she had a 'new' caravan. Considering it was supposed to have been fully valeted, the bathroom sink drain was blocked with an old bar of soap, and the charcoal filter was shot on the water system!

Comment

Wishing you luck Cynthia. Hope all proves well with your van.

Comment

Well, after bigging-up Highbridge Caravans I am still on the receiving end of a naff caravan. Having got the 'van back a week or so ago, supposedly fixed, I set up the aquaroll and went through the process of checking the water system, only to find the leak still present, with water still gushing out of the 'van at the base of the cowling as well as inside the 'van. And if anyone else asks me if I have the drain plug insitu, they will get very short shrift from me.

Needless to say, I have been back on to the dealer to register my - um - disappointment at this state of affairs. I won't relay the conversation as it's all very boring, not to say unproductive. However I am left with the conclusion that with my finances being in their current state, I may as well give up caravanning and find a different mode of holidaying instead, which doesn't involve keep pouring good money (and water!) after bad. One of the comments made by the dealer was to the effect that maybe I could upgrade to a younger caravan with, hopefully fewer age-related problems. I reminded him I'd already done this, after the Elddis debacle, and over-reached myself in the process so I am now pretty well rock bottom skint.

The dealer will fix this problem, he says. Yeah, right. I don't know when. So I will probably be using an internal camping water container at Kingsbury as it doesn't look as though the leak will be fixed before then. Oh, and a car with a dent in the offside front wing and bumper. I left it parked in the Community Centre car park last week and a vehicle collided with it, driving off without leaving any details. I have comprehensive insurance and protected NCB but unfortunately, a £200 policy excess so a dent in my finances too.

Happy days. Well, at least I enjoy good health and have a myriad other blessings for which to be grateful so life is still good. I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment. I keep harbouring a secret wish though.... Wouldn't it be infinitely satisfying to take the Bailey down to the dealer and reverse it into their showroom window.....Whoops! Still, no point adding to my woes.
                Cynthia.

Comment

Oh dear Cynthia, I am sorry to hear that. It must be incredibly disappointing but if Highbridge are still offering to fix the problem then I would let them, if only to be able to sell the van on in a fully operational state. Don’t be too hasty though, when you have had a few problems one after another it’s easy to give up but you might come to regret it,
                  Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Oh no! CyberCynth ! So you still have the leak and a dented car to boot! Sending you big hugs .

Are Highbridge caravans going to send a mobile engineer out, because I think I would insist that they did. Then fill the water barrel and show him exactly what happens when you turn on the water!

Is it possible to have a word with the person who is supposed to have fixed it? And ask him exactly what he did? (I think the answer to that might be that he sat on his thumbs!).

Perhaps you could take some photos and post them here, maybe someone might be able to help. What about the mobile chap that came and did the hitch for you, is it possible that he might be able to see what the fault is? Perhaps someone at the Kingsbury meet will be able to help?

It must be so irritating to find that something they say they have fixed still isn't fixed! What on earth did they do with it while they had it back there then??? I'm annoyed for you as well.

Don't get too disheartened, though, Cynthia. Like you said, it's possible to manage without running water for a short while anyway just using a water carrier.... although that's not a fix, but a compromise.
                    Last edited by jayjay; 13-03-2018, 10:19 AM. Reason: added a bit

Comment

Thanks Rob B , just what my daughter said! She thought I'd been a bit rash going back to caravanning after my last house move as my finances had been depleted somewhat by that, but she's seen how much joy I get from caravanning (when things go well!) so is trying to persuade me to hang in there until i can get the problem sorted.

Thanks jayjay , Highbridge Caravans have already said they'll send out the cavalry - in the form of the lovely Martin of MRE Services, a self-employed mobile caravan service engineer. I know Martin as he's been looking after my caravans since I've been living here. He has the reputation for being the best technician in the south west, so if he can't sort out this problem it'll mean it's unsortable. I would have referred this problem to him first time around if it wasn't for the fact the caravan was under warranty, and therefore the responsibility of the dealer to fix.
                      Cynthia.

Comment

Well that sounds promising then, hopefully it is an easy fix.
                        Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
                          Thanks Rob B , just what my daughter said! She thought I'd been a bit rash going back to caravanning after my last house move as my finances had been depleted somewhat by that, but she's seen how much joy I get from caravanning (when things go well!) so is trying to persuade me to hang in there until i can get the problem sorted.

Thanks jayjay , Highbridge Caravans have already said they'll send out the cavalry - in the form of the lovely Martin of MRE Services, a self-employed mobile caravan service engineer. I know Martin as he's been looking after my caravans since I've been living here. He has the reputation for being the best technician in the south west, so if he can't sort out this problem it'll mean it's unsortable. I would have referred this problem to him first time around if it wasn't for the fact the caravan was under warranty, and therefore the responsibility of the dealer to fix.
                          Cynthia.
                          Oh good, I'm glad they are sending someone out. Now when Martin gets there, have the water system ready to go and show him exactly what happens when you switch the water on!! I'm suspecting a faulty drain switch or some sort of water pressure adjusting needs to be done. These are the most common problems according to t'internet. Fingers crossed, and let us know how you get on!

Nothing is unsortable!

Not that I know about these things, other than helping out with my Dad's and Sister's caravans, mine doesn't have anything like this, just a cold water lever pump system.

Comment

just a thought Cynth. I wonder if the caravan wollers left the water system loaded during the recent cold blast, with the subsequent outcome! hope not.

Comment

Thanks doog , I got the caravan back before the big freeze so i don't think the weather was a factor.
                              Cynthia.

Comment

Just catching up with your latest news CyberCynth what a shame especially as you were so excited to get the new van. I am sure things can be sorted out and hopefully you can look back on all these problems as a distant bad dream when you are in a field somewhere sitting outside your van in the sunshine and sipping a glass of something cool. Keep the faith.
                                Graham
                                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X