No announcement yet.

All Change!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely flexibility has got to be a factor in the drive towards air tents especially for families. If you have a family you will need a fair sized caravan and many houses haven't got sufficient room to store a caravan on the driveway during the months when it isn't being used. That means the considerable expence of keeping it in storage, no such issues with a tent and no worries about leaks or deterioration during the winter months either
    Janet

Comment

Originally posted by The Sitter View Post
      Surely flexibility has got to be a factor in the drive towards air tents especially for families. If you have a family you will need a fair sized caravan and many houses haven't got sufficient room to store a caravan on the driveway during the months when it isn't being used. That means the considerable expence of keeping it in storage, no such issues with a tent and no worries about leaks or deterioration during the winter months either
      Janet
      Exactlement, Janet The Sitter , my son is in that sort of position and is still camping with his family, though my eldest grand daughter, now 17 is not so keen on camping holidays as she used to be and my son's partner has never been a great fan of holidays under canvas. I think the tent will probably be used for his weekends away mountain biking with his mates in future!
      Cynthia.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post

Thanks for the suggestion Andrew but I'm really not proficient enough at DIY - ing to do that. I'm really not bothered enough about the lack of a drawer to go altering things, which would inevitably mean I'd spoil the nice finish on the cupboard door. The drawer insert I have sits on the shelf in the kitchen cupboard and is quite adequate for my needs!

Cynthia.
        Just wait Cynthia! I have done more or less that thing on my new camper, both on the stupid swing-open bin cupboard and the stupid drop down wash basin. In both cases I kept the original 'cupboard' door fronts so you can't tell till you open them, that the inside bit is a vast improvement on the manufacturer's designs. Also I did it to make a cutlery drawer on the 2014 'MMM Motorhome of the year' Rapido which didn't have a utensils drawer. How can 'the motorhome of the year', 6.7 metres long, not have anywhere to put kitchen utensils? It is this 'we mustn't upset our advertisers' protocol that annoys me enough to do videos and expose the products' real imperfections.
        I'll be doing a video of my current mods for yootoobe. When I get the hang of it properly. I find yootoobe videos more complex than doing the jobs. Trouble is, I have done a lot of jobs I should have videoed but now they are done it is difficult to show the process from start to finish.
        suivez l'aventure

Comment

CyberCynth. A few posts ago you mentioned a "StarCraft". I think you will find that it's actually a Motorhome. Based on a Ford Something or other with most of the body panels replaced with fibreglass so it should be fairly watertight. Most of them were six wheelers to help support the weight of the back end and the interior looked quite well planned. I wouldn't mind one myself but I;m not so sure about the under body rust. They must all be heading for thirty years old now which is too young for the new 40 year old MOT exemption, so I think the remaining ones will just be left to rot away where they stand. It may make a good basis for a demountable though.

Comment

Originally posted by MYKE View Post
            CyberCynth. A few posts ago you mentioned a "StarCraft". I think you will find that it's actually a Motorhome. Based on a Ford Something or other with most of the body panels replaced with fibreglass so it should be fairly watertight. Most of them were six wheelers to help support the weight of the back end and the interior looked quite well planned. I wouldn't mind one myself but I;m not so sure about the under body rust. They must all be heading for thirty years old now which is too young for the new 40 year old MOT exemption, so I think the remaining ones will just be left to rot away where they stand. It may make a good basis for a demountable though.
            Starcraft (unrelated company) is also a brand of hardtop folding camper made in America
            Starcraft 2.jpg
            Starcraft 1.jpg

Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B View Post

Starcraft (unrelated company) is also a brand of hardtop folding camper made in America
              Starcraft 2.jpg
              Starcraft 1.jpg
              Thanks both to Rob and Myke for input.

I think the Starcraft in the nearby garden is much more likely to be linked to the unit Rob B posted, though I'd assumed it was a folding caravan, not a folding camper. I think the folk who live in the house with the overgrown garden have, like me been doing the rounds of different types of unit as at various times there have been camper vans and various caravans. - All at one time until a while back! The 2 camper vans have now gone and the only units still in the garden are this Starcraft and what looks like a small trailer tent, perhaps one of the Raclet Moovea or Solena, or Commanche type. Such a shame these units seem to be being left to rot. I can only assume the owners, judging by the state of the garden, are perhaps not well enough to use them any more.

Cynthia.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X