Swift Basecamp Caravan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swift Basecamp Caravan

Following on from the recent discussion about the ABI Adventurer - C&CC are currently running a competition to win one of Swift's latest offerings - a Swift Basecamp - which appears to be a small 2 berth caravan aimed at the same market as that was - young fit outdoorsy type couples, along with a Hyundai car to tow it with. I can't seem to find a price anywhere for it and it does weigh over a tonne, but it looks really cute.

I haven't entered the competition but thought some on here might be interested!

https://www.swiftbasecamp.co.uk/#

P.S. It's not a small 2 berth caravan, apparently it's a Crossover Camping Vehicle.

The Basecamp is really nice - it was on my shortlist before I decided a Campervan was more what I wanted. A bit pricey though at around £18K, if I remember correctly!

Comment

Ouch. All the more reason to enter the competition then!

Comment

I had a good look at these as they are a bit different from the crowd. I was disappointed with the storage space, especially the minute wardrobe.
        Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Had a good look at one that had just arrived at a dealer ,A few weeks later the fridge was out in bits ,the door lock was in bits .
          BuzznDave

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
            I had a good look at these as they are a bit different from the crowd. I was disappointed with the storage space, especially the minute wardrobe.
            I think the makers are assuming you'll be out on your bike, skateboard or surfboard to worry about having room for lots of fashion gear! A lycra suit and a set of baggy t shirts and leisure trousers is all they'll figure you'll need. Oh, and don't forget the baseball cap, to wear back to front to complete the outfit....

Joking apart, they do seem to be a bit minimalistic, very much the outdoorsy-types caravan. Pretty cool-looking though.
            Cynthia

Comment

That design looks exactly the same (from the outside) as my little kip caravan!

Comment

[QUOTE=Caz;n280936]

I haven't entered the competition but thought some on here might be interested!

/QUOTE]

Who cares whether you want one or not? Just enter the competition, sell it, keep the car and sail off into the sunset! Ah. You've got to win it first, I forgot that bit, but as a general principle one should always enter competitions so long as you don't have to pay anything.

Robin said "I was disappointed with the storage space, especially the minute wardrobe." Oh dear, I was hoping to use it as a garden shed to keep the lawn mower in. Maybe not, then.

Seriously, Knaus do a very nice version of a tiny caravan : https://www.davan.co.uk/new-caravans...aus-sport-fun/
                This is lovely, I've been in one and it really impressed me. I expect the fridge and handles wouldn't be falling off in a hurry.
                You might not get the whole idea from just these pictures. All you need is £19,500 (for a new 2019) for which you could get a decent motorhome. However, scrolling round the dealers' web sites I see there are many 2018 caravans with savings of lots of thousands of pounds.
                Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself.

Comment

A nice 3 birth at a MTPLM1300KG. massive rear door for the motor bike ! muck better than the Swift.Like you we had a good look around one .
                  BuzznDave

Comment

I also looked around the Knaus and I am very impressed but too wide and heavy for me.
                    Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Yes we are in the same boat weight and size restrictions dictate what we have, but the Knaus was a real cracker. I was looking at one and a KIP and Eriba at shap last year
                      BuzznDave

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
                        Oh, and don't forget the baseball cap, to wear back to front to complete the outfit....
                        Pretty cool-looking though.
                        Cynthia
                        I have a baseball cap.
                        I heard that wearing it back to front raised the IQ by 50%.
                        Still waiting to see an improvement.

Comment

it has to be a wooly bobble hat this weather not to keep the brains warm but the ears ?
                          BuzznDave

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X